Wifi won't connect to one network?

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Kaitlyn2004, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Kaitlyn2004

Kaitlyn2004 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I haven't had a chance to do any extensive testing just yet, but my XPS 9560 connects to my home network just fine. Brought it up to my mom's place (Has a Rogers Ignite modem I believe) which has 2 SSIDs - one for 5G... and I just cannot connect to either of them. It eventually says the key is not correct (after quite a while...) which I 100% know I am typing it in correctly. And PLENTY of other devices are connected - my phone, my mom's phone, ipad, kindle, etc.

Any ideas why I'd be able to connect to one network but not another (and who knows how many others NOT?) I have the Killer card and pretty sure I have the very latest drivers.

2. kent1146

kent1146 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Reboot the modem / router.

This type of behavior happens with routers that are failing due to heat.

3. jugih

jugih Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not 100 % sure, but thinking the Killer card is the issue here. With Intel, haven't had a single problem since.

4. Kaitlyn2004

Kaitlyn2004 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hmm.. that's interesting it's probably not the best router - but why would all my other devices be able to connect (and actively use the connection) whereas the XPS 15 simply wouldn't/couldn't connect to the normal or 5G SSID :(

Have heard this a few times. Not sure how I get Dell to convert it out everything I hear from them is they only really do "like for like" plus it seems it connects (and works fine) with some networks...?

5. _sem_

_sem_ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well you can try ;) If they won't, you can try buying an Intel 8265 yourself, it isn't expensive and very difficult to install.