WiFi Remedies for Samsung Laptops

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Dannemand, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Hi JoeTaco,

The two settings I am aware of that do most to help unintended disconnects are the Power Profile and Power Management Adapter settings, both described in the opening post.

But since the problem you describe is one of re-connecting after resume, maybe it's something else. Definitely try deleting (Forgetting) that particular network and re-connecting to it -- if you haven't already.

When trying different drivers, did you delete the device and "roll back" as described? I ask because I remember having connection problems that resolved after clearing out that connection in Registry and creating a new one. This was particularly a problem in Win7 with Easy Settings (as discussed in the original latencies thread). If you have installed Easy Settings (which is for Win7), you should get rid of it and install Settings instead (which is for Win8).

If none of that applies to you or solves the problem, I'd say it's most likely one of those issues between certain routers (and their settings) and your WiFI adapter and/or drivers. Other than tweaking channels or settings on that router (which I understand is probably not an option in this case) I don't have any suggestions.

2. rpeters83

rpeters83 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is the exact issue I have with my 6235 now. Did you ever fix it? Thanks.

3. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Intel has released driver version 16.6.0 dated 14th November 2013. There are Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 versions (that they need separate Win 8 and Win 8.1 versions highlights that 8.1 is more than a service pack).

This might fix some more WiFi issues.

John

Update: Weak signal performance is much improved for my X4C which previously struggled on my standard test at the far end of the house from the router.

Dannemand likes this.
  4. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot, John. It sounds like this could be an important one, particularly for those on Win 8.1 who no longer have the original Win8 driver.

I added a brief update in the opening post, including a link to your post.

5. snappersrb

snappersrb Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Same here, updated to 16.6.0 using my Samsung 740u3e with builtin Centrino 6235 chip and I'm not having any issues so far.

6. SkuterPL

SkuterPL Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've just installed this driver, but in menager in driver bookmark I see 15.10.3.2 version of driver, not 16.6.0, why?

7. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I've got 15.10.4.2 dated 23 September. That's about a month newer than my previous driver.

I've noticed before that the version number of the driver is not the same as the version number of the installation package. I think this reflects the installer doing more than just load a driver. There's other background configuration and maybe Bluetooth and Intel's PROSet software depending on the installer type.

John

8. SkuterPL

Reputations:
    I have from 22 august, I will try install it on my brother 5th and I will see, because I saw that I chose wrong file for windows 8, not 8.1 :/ but when I installed version for 8.1 I have the same.

9. SkuterPL

Reputations:
    okey, on my brother 5th is okey like you, on my pc I had to uninstall current version and install new one for 8.1 and now I have 23 sempember too ;)

For everyone who want to download this driver:

Wireless_16.6.0_e64 - for 7 and 8
    Wireless_16.6.0_e164 - for 8.1

10. SkuterPL

Reputations:
    Now I have problem with 2,4Ghz and I tried to connect 5Ghz and it is huge difference between old and new driver, on new driver finally I have transfer above 100Mb/s and 4-5 strip of signal, so I prefer to use 5Ghz now :), finally I can use my router

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.