Wifi Data Storage Software

Discussion in 'Programming and Homework Questions' started by Aizat, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aizat

Aizat Newbie

Reputations:
    hello,
    i am still a student that still learning in programming.
    i've got a software project to do but i don't realy advance to code it.
    i'm just want to make a simple windows software that can store received wifi data,and used the wifi data that been store although without wifi connection..
    for example,i recieved the wifi data at home and store it..then i can use the wifi data at a camp site..

so if anyone enough good and know to code this program..please help me.
    i really appriciated it if you are helping..
    may god bless you

2. TreeTops Ranch

TreeTops Ranch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You say you "don't [need] advice to code it" Then you say you want to "know how to code this program"

You don't quite make much sense. Can you rephrase your question.

Dropbox or OneDrive can do what you want if I understand your question about storing data. You don't have to re-invent the wheel.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    Jarhead likes this.
  3. Jarhead

Jarhead Perfectly Sane

Reputations:
    I agree in that you shouldn't reinvent the wheel where possible, and the simple solution would just be to download the data and use it later. Though if you are going to have access to cloud storage later, I don't see the point in this at all since you'd have Internet access anyway ;).

That said, if you really want to write a program that will store data and replay it back to you later, it would be helpful to know exactly what sort of data you're wanting to use, how it will be used, etc.

Assuming you're working in a C/C++ and Linux/OSX environment, I'd recommend checking out TCP/IP Sockets in C by Donahoo and Calvert. It's a great read on the subject and has some useful code examples for using the sockets interface in C. However, do note that network programming isn't a trivial skill and you should have a firm grasp of programming practices and algorithms before trying this sort of thing out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.