Why is HIDevolution more expensive?

Discussion in 'Notebook and Tech Bargains' started by jrwingate6, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Note that it says "...Custom Builder of EVOC (CLEVO & MSI) VR Ready Gaming Laptops w/ Custom Prema BIOS". The Prema BIOS is only available on most of the EVOC models, not MSI or other branded models.

If by "...works alone?" you mean is he one independent individual, the answer is yes.

Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah didn't notice it. Thanks for clearing up my confusion.
    Well, I thought Prema just writes/compiles the BIOS and the BIOS, is given to a testing team to check it. So, there will be huge delays in delivering updated BIOSes unlike OEMs. Tell me @Donald@HIDevolution should an end user w/ Prema BIOS and vBIOS must send their PC to you for BIOS updates so that the BIOS source code is kept secret?

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  3. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    One of the big differences between the @Prema BIOS and OEM BIOS is that it rarely needs to be updated. However if it should need updating we reach out to our customers and update it for them remotely, so the source code is protected. Our customers will rarely ever have to send their unit in to update the BIOS.

Papusan likes this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Well that's good. Flash it once and forget it.

Donald@HIDevolution and Papusan like this.
  5. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Yeah, a mod @Prema bios is a lot better solution than the Dell bios lottery. You never know what next Bios update contains. Fix something but break other functionality. And Several bios updates will increase the possibility for bricking your laptop!! Seen it too much.

Vasudev and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I have unlocked some hidden menus in BIOS and updated uCode and RAID. But I don't have the flash programmer. Chances of bricking is 2000% using AFUWINGUI and W10.
    @Papusan I somehow wrote my CPU stress tool app similar to OCCT CPU. Temps are 75C across all cores on completely full fan speed. Now I need to look up some CPU heavy compute problem solver in Eigen and add CUDA/OCL GPU compute stress tool. Still uses Console Window and no UWP/WIn32 GUI.