Why is HIDevolution more expensive?

Discussion in 'Notebook and Tech Bargains' started by jrwingate6, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    So you got a new panel w/o additional charges? That sounds great!

2. TheChosen0ne

TheChosen0ne Newbie

Reputations:
    They have a 2.5% discount for specific forms of payment and a $20 to $30 dollar NBR forums discount depending on if you spend under $2000 or over $2000, respectively that can be stacked. They do not price match against other retailers, nor do they price match individual components/parts. To be honest, (speaking of panels) their $100 price for picking the best of the bunch (top 20%) of all screens for back light bleed is overpriced for any laptop, but they pride themselves in the value they offer as Phoenix mentioned, so as such they don't offer to negotiate prices or haggle unfortunately.

Vasudev likes this.
  3. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just got off the phone with Donald from HID. Talk about great customer service. He talked me through all the options I should add and which ones would be a waste of money for my uses. Definitely a top notch knowledgable guy.

I will definitely be purchasing my laptop from HID.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mr. Fox, Papusan, Vasudev and 3 others like this.
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Awesome, see? it's not always about the money. I'd happily pay a few bucks more for good customer service and transparency.

5. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mr. Fox, Papusan, Vasudev and 2 others like this.
  6. Mark Hunter

Mark Hunter Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys I've been searching for a new laptop since a year, I've been reading a lot on this forum and now I've made an account as it's time for my new laptop.I was thinking of ordering an AW17R4(gtx1070) but from where should I order it? DELL OR HIDEVOLUTION? Ive read @Phoenix recommending Donald from hidevolution.. but can u guys tell me is it worth it ?and if so how can I contact donald?

Vasudev likes this.
  7. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Post your question in this thread along with your choice of laptop manufacturers. Set your budget, tasks you'd perform on your PC (Multimedia, gaming etc) and tag Donald using @ symbol.
    You can visit Hidevolution and select your config, thermal paste, screen calibration etc...
    If you want to fix all thermal issues with laptop(s) from factory HIDEVOLUTION is the best. They do sell MSI, AW, Clevos too. I hope @Donald@HIDevolution can help you choosing the right laptop/DTR laptop.
    If you're on the go gamer, then F5 tornado is the best choice. HIDEVOLUTION even added @Mr. Fox 's mod to enhance the cooling of F5 tornado.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    What he said. HIDevolution rocks.

Please don't buy a Dellienware or other castrated disposable BGA abortion. The 16L-G-1080 is the only 15 inch that is any good and P870KM1 is the only 17 inch that is any good.

You're welcome.

Papusan, Phoenix and Vasudev like this.
  9. Vasudev

Reputations:
    You could say BGA is aborted brother of LGA.

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    But retarded baby sister would be more accurate. If it was aborted we would no longer have it. It would be dead. Either one is a heartbreaking tragedy. The conception never should have happened. The people designing garbage need to be introduced to birth control, but considering the kind of filth they have produced, abstinence and celibacy would be more appropriate in their case.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017 at 9:48 AM
    Papusan, Phoenix and Vasudev like this.