Why is HIDevolution more expensive?

Discussion in 'Notebook and Tech Bargains' started by jrwingate6, Aug 7, 2017.

1. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just wondering why the same MSI on HID is $100 more than another popular re-seller?

Also, they don't offer deals such as a free paste upgrade.

Does anyone know if HID price matches?

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  2. Hackintoshihope

Hackintoshihope AlienMeetsApple

Reputations:
    They don’t. Also the $100 is there because they say they offer a better customer experience. Which means they are just making just a bit more money off of you.

3. jrwingate6

Reputations:
    Oh okay. I suppose that makes sense for someone who has had a bad experience with another reseller.

I personally can't see customer service being $100 better than Gentech so I suppose I'll save some money.

Anyone know if Ken still works at Gentech? That guy spent 30 minutes on the phone with me during my last purchase.

Seriously though, does anyone that has used both of these companies have any feedback? Was HID customer service that much better?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. fatpang

fatpang Newbie

Reputations:
    That's what I have found too, seems their pricing is a bit higher than other resellers

5. InOrderToSignIn

InOrderToSignIn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    However, that price is sometimes justified when you get a machine with a desktop cpu and unlocked bios.

The desktop cpu comes pre de-lidded and repasted. The unlocked BIOS runs you $100 on other sites as well.

Not to mention, their customer service IS good. But other sites also have good customer service, so if you're not interested in delidded CPUs and unlocked BIOS... you can always go somewhere else.

Edit:
    Meant CPU, not GPU... surprised I didn't catch that haha

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017 at 9:02 PM
  6. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It's not just sales support but what can happen after the machine is in your possession that can make all the difference. The MSI GT73VR I have right now was purchased originally from GenTech, but I had a support need and needed to go through MSI in order to get it taken care of. Quite frankly, I was less-than-impressed with GenTech's response when I did reach out to them.

When I bricked my former Clevo P670RS, I did everything through HID, and while the process wasn't 100% smooth (which was down to a communication that I found a touch lacking), the system was repaired to an as-new standard, so I can't complain too much. This is why I ordered another machine from HID, because I know I will be taken care of in the event that a problem arises. That is worth the price premium.

7. jrwingate6

Reputations:
    That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8. jrwingate6

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if HID does a forum discount? Also, will they sometimes offer deals such as a free thermal paste upgrade?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    There is an active NBR member discount. Put an order in your shopping cart, but don't check out. Email @Donald@HIDevolution and he will apply the discount to the order and you can pay from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    They are more expensive because:

- Better quality control and higher standards IMHO
    - The best thermal paste application method to ensure you get a laptop that doesn't overheat
    - proper stress testing of the machine to ensure it works perfect when it reaches to you, no surprises
    - More customization with regards to the hardware you can configure your system with
    - For those who opt for the laptops with desktop class CPUs, they are one of the very few that offer in house CPU Delidding which brings down the temps by up to 20C
    - Better customer service and after sales support
    - Awesome contacts with big name companies like MSI for example, when I had an issue with my laptop when GSYNC wasn't working, I reached out to MSI and had bad service, they were telling me my screen was NOT a GSYNC Screen and that they never advertised it to be a GSYNC screen on their site despite me showing them links to every review saying that it IS GSYNC. Then I reached out to HIDevolution and thanks to their awesome contacts with the seniors at MSI, got me sorted

Also see these threads:

HIDevolution - The Best Company I ever dealt with

HIDevolution's Warranty!

As an NBR Forum member, if you email donald@hidevolution.com and give him your forum username, you can get a small discount