Why is Dell doing every M15 customer dirty?

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by AnnekeVanG, May 29, 2019.

1. AnnekeVanG

AnnekeVanG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Seriously !

I’ve had my M15 for less than 30 days and thought I got it for a good price then they do this !

I literally just bought this laptop because in May they put in the OLED screen option and RTX graphics, then they announce a new chassy the NEXT month ?

I understand technology is ever changing - but this is bad business and no company has EVER made two big changes to the same expensive product within a month period.

My M15:
    I7
    RTX 2060
    512GB SSD
    16 GB
    OLED
    90whr
    2year premium support plus

Which I paid $3313CAD (taxes in) for.

Flying Endeavor and etern4l like this.
  2. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Fair point, but relax. Not clear the new model will be better overall, certainly not in the battery department which they butchered. I wouldn’t be getting it.

3. AnnekeVanG

Reputations:
    Why would a newer model be worse than on older model ?

In my opinion, the logic behind that makes no sense.

Newer is always better than older.

People are freaking out over soldered ram but im an artist who’s freaking out over the better design and better keyboard.

It’s the issue that the previous M15 JUST came out and I paid a lot of money.

4. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Because Dell management can make bad decisions? Battery is very important for me and I want better RAM so the new model is out (in fact I could still return my m15 and won't). The new design doesn't do anything for me, but I can see why ladies might like it in white.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Drinky likes this.
  5. AnnekeVanG

Reputations:
    I wish I knew what the new model will cost.

Also,
    I’m not a lady. ;)

Hugs and kisses. Xo

6. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    New tech is always coming out. I'm not impressed with the redesign and consider it a step back, but that's my opinion. If you're within your 30-day return period, you can always return it and re-purchase the new redesign. In the tech world sometimes you just have to be happy with what you have. If you wait for the latest and greatest, you'll always be waiting...

Rei Fukai, Quikj, Punisher5.0 and 5 others like this.
  7. redsfan7035

redsfan7035 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Lol newer is not always better, wow, I wonder why you would think that at all, especially in this case if it cannot cool itself and no one knows if the chassis is better nor the keyboard. The current one is already great so adding further travel time doesn’t mean it’s better. The design is also subjective as some people don’t want the huge 51M vents on the back nor the lack of a number pad.

You’re kind of going crazy for no reason. The current m15s have been in production for at least months and the quality control is still garbage, if you really want to roll the dice that somehow they magically fixed that, go for it.

8. judal57

judal57 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    talk with dell and send it back, it was a huge investment and a new heatsink desing is for sure

Vasudev likes this.
  9. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Newer is better? lol say that to my M18x.

Better than AW 18, even AW 17 R2/R3 when the 18 was discontinued. It took the R4 with its 1XXX series GPU to finally even beat the M18x's 980M SLI upgrade.

If it's been less than 30 days why not return it? I thought dell accepts returns up to 30 days?

10. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    How can you compare an 18inch desktop replacement against the thinner and lighter 15 inch and 17 inch laptops with a single GPU. Totally different markets and products. The AW 18inch laptops are huge behemoths with no autonomy away from a power outlet to speak off and almost twice the weight and thickness....

Also SLI is pretty bad, especially nowadays.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    CptXabaras likes this.