Why I will never buy a Xiaomi Phone again!

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Ultra Male, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    So there was a time I wanted to get a budget phone to hold me off until my next upgrade, so I grabbed a
    Xiaomi Redmi 4X phone.

Positives:

- Great Battery Life

- The video camera has an option to pause the recording then resume when you want, that is an awesome feature instead of having to record multiple videos and attach them together, you can simply pause the recording.

- Very good build quality

- Awesome price for the features you get

Negatives:

- Bloatware, bloatware, and then some more bloatware. I have never in my life seen a phone that has so much bloatware, crap that I'd never even wanna touch like the Xiaomi Forum app and whatnot

- Yes every phone has bloatware, but you can easily disable them. With the Xiaomi, there is no way to disable any built in app other than rooting the device which didn't work for me despite me officially unlocking the bootloader through Xiaomi's site

Now I know I may be nitpicking here especially when you consider how cheap the phone is, but the amount of bloatware they have is simply unacceptable to me and thus, I will never buy a Xiaomi phone again, ever!

Papusan likes this.
  2. 6730b

6730b Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Vasudev likes this.
  4. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    To be fair there is bloatware on almost all phones out there, it's pathethic. Thats why CM exists, or rather the new name it has,

5. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I know, but the thing is, on the Xiaomi, it is impossible to disable them unless you root which requires an engineering degree. I've tried for many days and nights, call me stupid, but I couldn't for the heck of me root my phone no matter what guide out there I tried ranging from forums to YouTube Videos. They all are showing you phones with slightly older software I guess.

also, bloatware on other phone is a bit more tolerable, it doesn't come in your way or workflow whereas in the Xiaomi, you keep getting popups from this and that up or from their stupid feedback/forum app it drove me nuts.

Xiaomi, never again!

Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  6. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    Odd Rooting is not that hard, honestly just use ADB to install root on your phone, that's basicially it.

Aivxtla likes this.
  7. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Rooting works if the process has been made for it, if not, you have to make that process yourself. If that system is closed, like MediaTek is, you're not rooting anything.

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Nauzhror

Nauzhror Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    What exactly is great battery life?

My current phone (Moto Z Play) has the best battery life of any smartphone I've had, curious what most people would consider to be "good" though.

9. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    If you need proper batterylife look no further than the lenovo P2.

@Phoenix: did some digging, the rooting for the phone is very straight forward. It's the same way you're rooting samsung phones. I'm not sure where you struggle, but all you need to do is to ADB install TWRP and then install via TWRP SuperSU. Where do you struggle??

I could offer assistance as well, since I did root countless phones in the past and this seems rather straight forward.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Aivxtla and Vasudev like this.
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    He wants a phone that can disable bloatwares out of the box w/o root like S9 or pixel phone.
    He uses variety of phones such as, iph x,s9+, redmi 4x, Keyone, Nokia symbian etc....
    My sis has a redmi 4x and all apps can't be disabled at all unless you root it.