Why I went back for Mac and why

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Dida86, Jun 12, 2018.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yep. That being said, my son broke his iPhone last year, and the “genius” on the phone quoted me the wrong price for the repair, after my phone was sent, he called to inform me of the mix up. He also advised me since he screwed up, I do not have to pay anything for the repair. I cannot complain about that.

Vasudev likes this.
  2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You cannot be serious. I get the bad speakers, trackpad etc. argument, but keyboard and temperatures is not an argument for the macbook. The new keyboards are absolutely garbage and teh temperature on the macbook is insanely bad. It doesn't have proper cooling at all.

I have a macbook myself and honestly without the mods I did to it I am pretty convinced it would have died on me years ago. MacOS is a disaster as well, at least linux supports macbooks decently.

The list goes on, apples crapbooks are not worth the money. Your mistake was to go for a thin and light gaming notebook, you simply took the wrong route. Honestly go for a business class notebook and you'll never want to go back. You should give those beasts a shot.

HP for instance makes some extremely nice business class notebooks, which absolutely crap on macbooks in build quality, thermals, performance etc. They feel increadibly premium and are worth every cent, the support is absolutely amazing, and the notebooks are absolutely perfect for non gaming.

Macbooks are good for people who do nothing else but facebook and youtube. That's it. Despite modding my macbook I do not really want to do anything demanding on it because despite my modding the temps are downright scary and the logicboard is absolutely garbage.

3. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Which Business class HP laptop(s) would you recommend?

4. Raidriar

Raidriar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    None...I wouldn't recommend HP to my worst enemy. Pro grade, go Dell precision or lenovo thinkpad

5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thinkpads. Dell should be last option these days because the cooling department is a disappointment on consumer and enterprise grade laptops.

6. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    WIthout budget, needs etc. there is no way to tell.

Personally I used a HP Zbook Studio G4 with a dreamcolor display and it was amazing. The machine feels extremely premium and is perfect for video and photo editing. However it comes with a pretty high price tag.

Lenovo and Dell are pretty meh compared to the zBook, however when you want most bang for the buck and look for something on the cheaper end, then it's probably more in direction of a Lenovo thinkpad, Dell should generally be avoided. Since 2015 they do an extremely poor job on creating new notebooks.

7. iMbaQ

Reputations:
    Budget is unlimited. I think the Z4 is good but not great. It’s battery is too small and that alone would kill it for me (there are cheap 15w CPU laptops with a higher capacity) - but there has also been mention of PWM and lack of Optimus (further draining battery?). Price wise I think it is a poor investment.

8. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    It has optimus.....The battery is 90WH battery which is quite big....

idk where you got your sources but it is clearly not correct.

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-zbook-studio-g4-mobile-workstation---customizable-x5e42av-mb

SImply select 92.4H battery when purchasing.

however, if you need the color profiles etc. then this is important:

9. iMbaQ

Reputations:
    Looks like the options in my country are far more limited than that of the US site when I compared.

Whats your view on the G5?

10. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    If you're reffering to probook G5, i'd say it's pretty poop.