Why does this website refresh forever and lag like crazy sometimes?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Announcements and Guidelines' started by openglcg, Oct 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. openglcg

openglcg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's like I can't even type without lagging hardcore when it happens.

2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It's all the ad's and other related cruft, I use "uBlock Origin" and "Privacy Badger", at a minimum that makes the cruft not load and things go much faster.

For uBlock Origin be sure and go into options, select advanced, then Options (right click on menubar icon) and select all the lists and Update Now after selecting.

You can disable for a page, or use "whitelist" to add sites in uBlock Origin - to let functionality through by individual sites through the left click drop down find red blocked site and "click green" then Save to persist across sessions.

Same for Privacy Badger you can disable for a page all the sites blocked or one at a time.

There are times you'll want to disable both for a page not showing everything - letting ad's through - and then reenable to block ad's.

Other tools to use are "NoScript", "Tab Suspender", these or something like them are available under Opera, Firefox, Chrome, and I have a larger list for each browser if you are interested.

openglcg likes this.
  3. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Which theme are you using? Try the vB 3.x

Charles

openglcg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.