1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Why does built in microphone with Asus MV50-A1 not work???

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Catalina, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catalina

Catalina Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I haved been using the Asus MV50-A1 for 2 days and now that i try the microphone it will not work. Even the people at asus can not get it to work. They say it might be a hardware problem. Any ideas anyone? Anybody else have that problem?? HELP!!! I do not want to send this computer back :eek: as i need it. no more desktop!!

Thanks!!!

2. Oldman

Oldman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How do you know it does not work?

3. D3X

D3X the robo know it all

Reputations:
    Make sure it's not muted in the Control Panel>Sound>Recording Devices.

4. Adamd

Adamd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It kind of sucks to start with.

Buying yourself a cheap external one will be a lot better :)

5. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    all the built in mics suck hardcore, $5 at wally world can get you something much more usable, but atleast its there in a pinch. You may need to turn up the gain/boost in the advanced sound control panel and just make sure its selected as your default device and not muted like D3X said.

6. Oldman

Reputations:
    I think nobody can listen to his own speech from NB speakers while talking to a NB microphone. Firstly you have to record your speech, than play it back. So particular program has to be used. Probably OP did not make it right

7. Catalina

Catalina Newbie

Reputations:
    I tried that but there is just a very very thin line of green that appears in the line when trying to configure the microphone. This morning discovered the boost option which worked for a while then not anymore. Bought an external microphone which now works with sound recorder but not with msn!!! What's going on here? Thanks!

8. Catalina

Catalina Newbie

Reputations:
    because no sound is detected in anything i try to record or in the configuration. The booster work slightly this morning but not anymore. No green line appears when configuring it.

9. JCMS

JCMS Notebook Prophet

Reputations:

I got my C90S' to work well with +20.0db and noise/echo supression, surprisingly.

10. Oldman

Reputations:
    In 'accessories' there is a program called 'VOICE RECORDER'
    Try to use this one to record and play back your voice to check out your mice. It is possible that the problem is not mice but MSN configuration

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.