Why do they put turn signals on cars?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by ViciousXUSMC, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATG

ATG 2x4 Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Have you seen Shoot 'Em Up? There is a short scene about turn signals there you should check it out;)
    I can't post the video here, lots of foul language.

2. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Yeah I know but that was also 6 years ago and we were stationed in the middle of the desert if you were lucky in a 4 hour drive you saw 1 other car, there is no merging traffic so you can see somebody ahead for miles.

3. Modly

Modly Warranty Voider

Reputations:
    I think he is referring to anybody with a New Jersey drivers license.

4. The Morningstar

The Morningstar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Great secene that and I agree with Vicious (and Smith in the movie!): That kind of thing drives me spare!

5. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I know what that's like Vicious, I hate when people don't using their turning signals, it annoys the crap out of me. It's especially worse here in Miami when half the time peoples brake lights aren't working. Doh!

6. visiom88

visiom88 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I once got into an accident with a car making a left turn from the opposite lane. When the police came someone volunteered to be a witness and told him that the driver who made the left the turn didn't have turn signal on. All responsibility was dumped on him and I got my car fixed with no cost. :)

It totally made my day since the crash wasn't even too bad at all and I ended up getting replacing a bumper that was already crushed in.

7. DefconZero

DefconZero Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Oh man, just the place I wanted to find! Drivers are just so bad! You drive on the highway, left lane (or as most people call it, the *fast* lane), and the guy in front of you is only doing 90 (kmh). No car in front of him, no problem. Ok. Switch lanes. Speed up to his speed, and he finally starts speeding up...????

Even worse, driving in left lane, turn signal to merge right. I had it on for all of a minute or so, waiting for fast traffic to pass. I start merging, and this 18-wheeler car loader truck starts moving in from the right lane beside the lane I wanted....No flasher, no nothing. What do I do? Land on the brakes and the horn....I hope he enjoyed his 10 seconds of ().

Coming home from shopping with the gf. We come to a stop sign, my right turn signal is on. This other guy arrives on the one across from me with no signal on....You assume that he's going straight, right? WRONG. I start turning right (since he'd just go straight and that's fine) and he races left chopping me off! SERIOUSLY. Are you that retarded to not see me TURNING RIGHT and I'm right in front of you you () imbicile? What do I do? Land on the brakes and horn!

My girlfriend thinks I rage while driving...pfft. I'm driving normally. Doing my stops. Turn signals on. Going the speed limit (maybe 5+ over). I react to how others drive. Sure maybe I could be more patient, you know let the stupid idiots cut me off, and I'll just brake and all that. But you know what. I don't have patience for that BS. Learn to drive, or don't freagin drive at all! And I'll show you you shouldn't drive at all because I'll keep honking til you get the point hammered into your head! And if you don't like my honking and stop and want to take it to the streets? BRING IT ON ()! I feel no pity for these people who make their own accidents. They are an accident waiting to happen, and they deserve it!

/end rant

8. visiom88

visiom88 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What's really worse? When somebody cuts in w/o signal and then go slower than speed limit! :mad:

9. flipfire

flipfire Moderately Boss

Reputations:
    I got aftermarket smoked side and rear turn indicators now, so i use them even more haha

10. Clutch

Clutch cute and cuddly boys

Reputations:
    I just dont like the red turn signals, they should all be orange like in Europe and Asia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.