Why do people install freakin' loud exhaust on their car?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Roxy, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    Exactly how I feel. When I show up in the talon all I get are nasty looks, laughed at or scuffed at. But when they see what it is they either say wow or shut up and walk away. Great feeling.:D

2. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    run whatchu brung or run yur mouth all the way home baby!

+reps to liquid and 07torch. thanks for spreadin truth. :)

3. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    I agree 100%. Granted I hate FWD and am not a fan of imports, but that doesn't matter. A car is all about who drives it and how they perceive it. If I wanted to be "cool" in other peoples eyes I would be rocking a talon or a liberty on ATs. I love both of my rigs and that's all that matters. Don't want to respect me? that's fine as I could care less.

4. DR650SE

DR650SE The Whiskey Barracuda

Reputations:
    This thread reminds me of a project I started almost 5 years ago and then got to busy and lost motivation. Working on an 86 Fiero SE. That car was sweet and sounded amazing. I loved it. Till I blew the engine. But I rebuilt it (60* V-6) and thats where it ended. The car is in a storage shed and the engine cradle, complete with engine, tranny, suspension and exhaust is sitting in the garage at my fathers ranch. I'd love to get it running. Just need time and motivation. Neither of which I have. :( It was a midengine car. :D I miss it. I actually own two of them. Both under construction and both Identical.

5. 07torchgt

07torchgt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    EXACTLY, if you do you then there is nothing to ever be ashamed of... it doesn't matter what the car is, if it is well thought out and put together with pride then its your own and no one can knock you on it... hell, you could do a pinto and it be a 10 second ride... look at it this way, if people make fun of you who cares, you just waxed a 50,000 dollar vette... its like someone bragging about how much they can bench... what does it matter if i can whip your @ss...

there ain't a thing wrong with a fiero... other than the ones that caught on fire lol... you know there is a conversion kit you can buy to drop in a chevy 350 lol... i helped build one in auto shop in highschool... that car was stupid on street tires... lemme tell ya, you don't get made fun of very long when you drive a car someone doesn't like when all they can look at is your taillights

6. DR650SE

Reputations:
    Yea, I've been around fieros for the last 14 years. I still browse the Pennocks Fiero Forum constantly. Another great forum

7. 07torchgt

Reputations:

ahhhh, nice... another thing to watch out for on the road are "monster" miatas? ever heard of them?

its a miata with a ford 4.6 in it lol... kind of a throw back to the old AC cobra type ride....lol... might as well throw a jet engine on a go kart lol

8. DR650SE

Reputations:
    Hahaha, yea, I've seen a few. My next project was going to be a 3800SC install of 350. But I've seen anything from a Cadillac Northstar installed to a LT1/LS1 installed. Crazy mods. I need to get back into cars. lol

9. 07torchgt

Reputations:
    my wife thought i had an expensive hobby in computers and electronics lol... that was until she saw what i spend on cars haha... cars are WAAAAYYY more expensive...

10. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    i haven't been into the racing scene in a while and i'm glad to see some of u guys here are keepin the tradition alive. :D

p.s. - i haven't heard of anyone messin with fieros in a while! first thing that came to my mind when i read fiero was 'fire' lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.