Why can't AW combine Command Centre AND Control Centre?

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by jace888au, Feb 24, 2018.

1. jace888au

jace888au Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My current laptop is the Alienware 13R3 and I'm using the Alienware Advanced Gaming mouse AW558. I don't understand why Alienware has two different applications to control the lighting/FX on both - i.e. Alienware Command Centre is the default program you use for the inbuilt keyboard lighting, and Control Centre is for the mouse. They have different features/interfaces, and the newer app is somewhat lacking I find (eg no sync options or 'go dark' to save battery), and I think it's a wasted opportunity for Alienware who could have created a 'suite' within the one application interface. Maybe the new one they talked about not long ago (can't remember when/where I saw this) will overcome this.

2. Alienware-Rodrigo

Alienware-Rodrigo Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hi,
    Thank you, we appreciate your feedback.

3. Alienware-Rodrigo

Alienware-Rodrigo Company Representative

Reputations:
    We will pass along your feedback.

4. jace888au

jace888au Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Do we know when the new Command Centre is coming out, and if it'll be available for existing Alienware laptop owners? (eg 13R3)

5. MogRules

MogRules Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The new CC will only work on new units and is not backwards compatible. They changed the Alien FX controller chip so we don't get support for it.

6. jace888au

jace888au Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Bummer. A pity but not enough to make me want to upgrade just yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MogRules

MogRules Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I must admit your taking it better then most lol....most people flip out and say they will never touch Alienware again because they don't get the new CC haha...like it magically increases performance or something and they are getting screwed out of it. If your interested in learning more about it, Umar did a pretty good video with their head of development about the new CC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/...ant_to_know_more_about_the_alienware_command/

There is a twitch link in that thread to watch the whole thing if you are interested.

8. Raidriar

Raidriar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I'm more pissed that Alienware is so ****ing lazy that they don't even give us 64 bit support for the alienfx driver for use with itunes/winamp... for Alienwares made 2009-2012 LIke seriously guys? It would take THAT much for you to release a 64 bit driver for your own product? 64 bit was mainstream even in 2009, why wouldn't you make your driver compatible when all your NEW releases are?

9. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I really couldnt care less about the new control center. Sure you can make the lights look better. But if it isnt possible because of the new controller chip it simply isnt possible. Doesnt mean they wont iron out possible future bugs in the current control center.

Couldnt care less and I just have this laptop for about 2 months now. I knew new units where coming but I needed a new laptop. It is what it is and there is always something new around the corner.

MogRules likes this.