Who's got the Creator's update and a still-working older Thinkpad? ;)

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Terarant, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Terarant

Terarant Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have an Edge E530 (it's so old now! :eek:) that, as I've just noticed, has nearly finished downloading the 1703 update. Now that it's wasted all that data :mad: I'm tempted to let it install. However, I want to check that it won't kill the laptop, which would suck as it's still my main work machine. So, has anyone installed the Creator's update successfully on an older model, and if so, how did that work out?

I can't imagine Windows would have pushed it if it would break the E530, as with some other models from what I've read, but OTOH I don't want to risk a BSOD as I don't have much of a backup plan besides a recovery disk. Thanks for your thoughts :D

2. abhattal

abhattal Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Me. T410s. No worse than before :) (no Thinkpad on-screen display for volume, brightness, instead have Windows ones, no Thinkpad power manager, sound very slightly distorted - all happened on initial upgrade to Windows 10 - putting up with these nit-picks).

3. Starlight5

Starlight5 I'm a cat. What else is there to say, really?

Reputations:
    X220 Tablets run 10 just fine except fastboot - had to disable it completely. Display doesn't recognize more than 2 touch points on any OS newer than 7 - since 7 is terrible for touch anyway, no bother. Also, sourcing the correct driver for whitelisted WWAN was a pain, but it runs perfectly afterwards.

4. Carmen Hernandez

Carmen Hernandez Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a T420 and T430 running the creator's edition. Everything is running fine as of today. The T420 was a bit sluggish at first, but I refreshed the installation and all is going well now.

5. SpotBurner

SpotBurner Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Both a W520 and a T430, both running fine.

6. zephxiii

zephxiii Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    T500, X201, T510, T410, W510, T520, T420, T420s, T530, and T430 here.

7. abhattal

abhattal Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations: