which wireless mouse to buy?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ronaldheld, Jan 17, 2017.

1. ronaldheld

ronaldheld Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That is considered good advice?

The Tech Enthusiast likes this.
  2. The Tech Enthusiast

The Tech Enthusiast Newbie

Reputations:
  3. kent1146

kent1146 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    This is absolutely terrible advice.

Yes, buying a $15 no-name mouse is great bang-for-your-buck. But it is nowhere near the quality of a name brand mouse (especially Logitech).

The differences are in the sensor; buttons; build quality; weight and weight distribuion; software. Those $15 "gaming" mice aren't much better than those cheap $5 mice you see in office supply stores.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ronaldheld and saturnotaku like this.
  4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    What's in a name brand is warranty and customer support, which is well worth paying extra for when compared to these no-name ones.

Your advice is terrible. Further, bumping months-old threads and asking for reputation points are tacky.

Especially since you can get a Logitech M705, the best non-gaming wireless mouse on the market, for as little as $20 on sale. Even the gaming-oriented Logitech G602, which is an excellent mouse, can be had for $40.

5. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:

The only time I'd recommend a super cheap mouse is if you're pinching every last penny for a build and plan to upgrade later. Then you don't have much to lose since you aren't buying it for the long haul.

6. The Tech Enthusiast

The Tech Enthusiast Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok guys, suit yourself.

I have never used a Logitech mouse previously but do have a Logitech controller. I understand your point of view in the precision a branded mouse offers, specifically for gaming.
    But have never found it convenient to game with a mouse; keyboard or controller work for me, so may be I am unable to acknowledge the full power of a gaming mouse.

I did however, have very bad experience with 2 branded mice. Microsoft Arc and Microsoft Mobile Mouse 6000. Both are dead without an explanation. And the Arc's material seems to be melting into sticky rubber/plastic. Another Toshiba's works fine but the BlueTrack technology doesn't work on all surfaces, whereas Microsoft's used to on every surface.
    This made me think to go for disposable ones. :p

7. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    If your goal is to be able to throw them out when they stop working, then the cheap ones will do the job. The MM6000 is not known for unreliability, you might have experienced a fluke there. Not sure about the Arc though.

8. Carrot Top

Carrot Top Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    /thread

9. micman

micman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You can't beat the performance of Logitech in my opinion. I just recently had to RMA my G900 because the scroll wheel started spinning freely with no clicks to stop it.

My backup mouse brand shall not be named but let's say it rhymes with "shmazer." I almost threw it across the room so many times, the stupid thing though wired was missing clicks and skipping whole inches on my screen while gaming. I missed my Logi quite a bit for that week it was gone.

They sent me back a brand new in box G900 so now you know how Logitech rolls for RMA if you were curious.

saturnotaku likes this.
  10. SuSybeaSt

SuSybeaSt Newbie

Reputations:
    I think that Logitech may produce the best wireless mice... Everything depends on your taste mate

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017