which wireless mouse to buy?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ronaldheld, Jan 17, 2017.

1. ronaldheld

ronaldheld Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I am tired of the mosue cord getting in the way at critical game junctions. I use a Logitech wired mouse now and want to retain the forward/backward side buttons for surfing. I tendf to play STO and DCUO as well as no man's sky. What would you suggest?

Mikle39 likes this.
  2. kent1146

kent1146 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    This is a pretty straightforward question. Your best options are going to be the Logitech G900, or the Logitech G602.

The Logitech G900 will have superior sensor performance, wireless performance, and option for RGB lighting. The drawback is the high price ($150), and the shorter battery life (~20-36 hours). You will definitely need to worry about recharging that mouse via USB cable during a normal week of operation.

The Logitech G602 is technically a "lower performing" sensor and wireless signal... But I need to emphasize that the difference in performance is so small that you will never notice it unless you are a competitive fps pro-gamer. (Think of it like the performance difference between a $130,000 high-end Mercedes sports car vs. a Ferrari. Yes, the Ferrari has "better" performance. But will anybody except the most die-hard driver ever notice?). The Logitech G602 has more right-thumb buttons if you want to use them, or you can just use 2 of the 6 and ignore the rest. Battery life is superior (~1 month on gaming mode), and the price is excellent at $40-$60.

My suggestion is that if this mouse pretty much sits on a desk all day, you can get away with a Logitech G900, as much of a pain-in-the-rear as it is to worry about recharging. If this mouse ever goes into a laptop bag more than twice a year, get a Logitech G602.

If you do get a Logitech G602, I'd suggest you get 2xAA Lithium batteries for it (instead of standard AA alkaline). Lithium batteries last longer, and are much lighter than alkaline batteries. That gives your mouse about 3 months of battery life, and changed the weight profile and balance of the mouse from a heavy rear-balanced feel to a lighter center-balanced feel.

3. ronaldheld

Reputations:
    sounds like the G602 is the way to go. Any more opinions?

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I had the G602, one of the best mice I've owned.

Now I have the G900, it's expensive but it's awesome, gives you the performance of a wired mouse but wireless (and wired if you like or while it's charging). no more swapping batteries

houstoned likes this.
  5. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    If you don't care about RMAing the Razer Mamba is very good. The build quality is pretty good too for the most part, but the quality control isn't great so you may have to RMA it.

About 2/3 of my Razer stuff has lasted for years, the others have been RMA'd.

I wouldn't get it if lasting for the long term is a priority lol.

6. cronusk

cronusk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the g900. It's fantastic. But disable the rgb lighting. It gets annoying after a while. I game on the weekends only. Had to charge my mouse only once so far. Has an added benefit of coming with a wire, so you can still use it as a wired while charging.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

houstoned likes this.
  7. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    Ferrari used to be the benchmark for sports cars/entry level supercars, but not anymore. the AMG GTR will own the 488 on a track. Mclaren is where my money would go, if i was ever in the market.

the Logitech G900 is my Mclaren. i don't have extensive use with it because i let my girl use it, but i've only seen her charge it once in the last couple of months of ownership.

8. ronaldheld

Reputations:
    I game about 10 hours a week. Does that influence this decision? I do tend to stick with Logitech but do not know if that is a mistake.

9. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    Nah dude, I would say which every mouse you think will be the most comfortable for you to use. Whether it be Logitech, Corsair, or Razer, none of them are bad.

10. ronaldheld

Reputations:
    I suppose i need to go to Best Buy and try some out before ordering one. Ucertain if the G602 or G900 is too large.