Which windows 10 version to install ?

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Hald, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Hald

Hald Newbie

Reputations:
    First of all thanks for try help.

I really google and i can´t find any option to enable gamepass on windows 10 LTSC.

Like i say before i need to go to version 1903 (18362.0 or higher) and windows 10 LTSC is only version 1809 (17763).

Even after i install the Ms Store like you suggest i cant donwload the app xbox because of version limitation, image below.

[​IMG]

Im sorry but i don´t understand your post.
    Thanks

2. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Hald

Well, my version of enterprise is higher than your requirements. I sent you a PM the other day with how to grab it.

I would check the store for you but, I keep MSFT blocked because they tend to release updates I don't want / need and want to auto install them even telling WUS to ask before doing anything.

3. Hald

Hald Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, thanks.

I download the last enterprise version but have all the bloatware install not clean as LTSC, i try on a VM and use this powershell code (Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Remove-AppxPackage) all the bloatware is gone (i think)

After that i install windows store with add-store.cmd and i can install xbox app.

Need to install on my real machine to see if all games works.

Tech Junky likes this.
  4. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's what spare / dual HDD's are for. VM is a good test though before redoing everything.

I run dual NVME's for this sort of thing and have an NVME enclosure as well for making quick work of things. Also have a flash drive that pushes ~350MB/s. The flash drive actually shows up as a SATA drive wen connected in BIOS which is a bit unique. Might have to play around with that idea a bit and see if I can make an image of Windows and run from that drive completely.

Hald likes this.