Which WiFi card is the best for the M17x R3 ?

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by RIKO, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RIKO

RIKO Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Killer™ Wireless-N 1103 Vs Intel Wireless LAN 6300 3x3 (802.11a/b/g/n)

wich one is the best card ?

2. ValkerieFire

ValkerieFire God Follower

Reputations:
  3. Simplified

Simplified The Most Awesome

Reputations:
    Killer-N 1003 is better than Intel 6300 performance wise. If it is worth the cash depends on what you use your internet for. If you game online, the killer-N might be worth its price.

4. RIKO

RIKO Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    on the dell site the intel is more expencive than the killer
    i bought the 6300 but just saw that the killer came out for the r3 so im thinking of returning it to get the killer , the reason i got the intel 6300 is cause of 5hz frequency wich mine doesnt have at the moment , do u know if the killer runs on 5hz frequency?

5. Bartlett

Bartlett The Prophet

Reputations:
    It supports 5Ghz and is just as good as the 6300 if not better due to the packet allocation ability.

6. Juanderful

Juanderful Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Note that you will lose all of the technologies attached to an Intel wireless card if you opt for the Killer card. Some Intel technologies you will lose include: Intel My Wifi, Intel WiDi (Wireless Display).

7. Beradon

Beradon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Also be aware that 99.9999% of people wont be able to tell the difference between a card like the Killer Wireless N and the Intel 6300. In fact, most people wont be able to tell the difference between the Killer Wireless N and a Wireless G card simply because the vast majority of Internet connections are significantly slower than even Wireless G. The Killer will only show its strength when gaming on a local WLAN against people also connected to the LAN/WLAN.

I just bought the Intel 6300 for $35 from Buy.com for my M17x R3 and it's getting 300 mbps to my D-Link DIR-655

8. Mechanized Menace

Mechanized Menace Lost in the MYST

Reputations:
    This is partially true, The software and hardware features on/for the Killer wireless allow the usage of bandwidth to be more efficient to the tasks you are doing. Look @ the thread in the M18x section. Actually I will just link it to you. Ppl are noticing a difference with their video streaming as well as gaming.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/ali...oot-killer-wireless-n-1103-compatability.html

9. ECKS

ECKS Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Stock one seems fine for me to use for torrenting gigantic files at speeds of over 125kbps.

10. krazor8

krazor8 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    i need to boost my wifi, currently i have the dw1501 crap card that came with it(me being cheap) and at work i cant get a signal do to the range, i need either a new internal chip 9was looking at the intel 6300 or and external antenna.. any ideas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.