Which Thermal Paste to buy and apply (Traditional and Liquid Metal)

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Vasudev, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Alteria

Alteria Newbie

Reputations:
    @Rooter1234 Thanks for testing the Deepcool EX750, bought it to replace the Gelid GC Extreme (blue colour) I used for my laptop and very happy with the new results!

Rooter1234 likes this.
  2. Rooter1234

Rooter1234 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Two more Coolermaster Cryofuze spreading videos here and here. Doesn't look like SYY-157 to me, it looks much more sticky in the video and seems like much harder to apply compared to SYY-157 or FuzeIce Plus. It's available on amazon.de btw and I should be able to test it next week. I'm currently preparing a new test with OCCT (Linpack 2021). I can get more consistent temperatures with OCCT (in constant mode). With Prime95 there are some spikes because the load isn't consistent.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    Falkentyne likes this.
  3. boombastik

boombastik Newbie

Reputations:
    For my laptop lenovo t420, mx5 didn't work (bad temps after 20 days), but deepcool g40 worked like a charm.

Papusan and Rooter1234 like this.
  4. Rooter1234

Reputations:
    It doesn't work for me either from the beginning. MX5 is crap for notebooks unless it's a really good even heatsink, then it might work. It's a desktop only paste in my opinion.

Papusan and boombastik like this.
  5. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Looks like Thermalright TFX / Thermagic ZF-EX's behavior almost exactly. Wonder if its from the same supplier. Might be why its $20 for 2 grams wth....

Hell even the syringe looks 100% identical to the Thermagic ZF-EX syringe, including the tip....

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  6. Rooter1234

Reputations:

The initial price listing wasn't final, I purchased it for 8€ on Amazon. Now it's up to 13€ and not available anymore.

7. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    joluke, Tenoroon, Clamibot and 3 others like this.
  8. yosv211

yosv211 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I put lquid ultra on my laptops cpu and mx4 on the gpu. I mostly use the processor for 4k video editing on a friends youtube channel and part time income from other editing projects. So I can run my laptop's 11800h processor maxed out at 4.31ghz at 85C.

9. Rooter1234

Reputations:
    The blue Gelid is definitely (much) better for me, I just tested it again.The blue is more difficult to spread (stickier) and I would say it's slightly more viscous which makes sense because it performs better. So quite the opposite what igorslab said. Maybe it's not yellow and blue related, no idea. However the fact that both differ in performance and are both called Gelid GC-Extreme is not a great policy, even though in my case the newer one is better.

Gelid GC-Extreme yellow 23.2
    82/86/82/84

Gelid GC-Extreme blue 23.2
    79/83/80/84

10. Fuuji

Fuuji Newbie

Reputations:
    i'm really curious to see this cryofuze in comparison with pastes like SYY-157 because is expensive( atleast for me), last time i saw for like 19 dollars LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2021