Which Thermal Paste Brand Worked For You?

Discussion in 'Alienware M11x' started by kingandsoraka, Mar 11, 2018.

1. kingandsoraka

kingandsoraka Newbie

Reputations:
    How to clean colored Vans

You can clean the shoes with a washing machine. Though the process is quite simple, make sure you follow all the steps strictly and avoid any mistakes. If something goes wrong, your shoes may lose their shape, cushion, or support.

Use a shoe brush to rub off any stiffened dirt
    Remove shoelaces and insoles
    Put the shoes in a laundry bag
    Load the washing machine with your Vans and some towels of the similar color along. They will help keep the shoes balanced and avoid shape losing.
    Set the wash with mild detergent, warm water and gentle cycle
    After washing, place your Vans in a well-ventilated spot to let it dry naturally
    Lightly stuff the shoes with white paper to keep them in shape. Don’t use newspapers if you don’t want your socks stained by ink later.
    How to clean white Vans

Of course, you may wash your white shoes in a washing machine, too. However, dirt and stains on the white fabric are often more difficult to remove. You can as well use the guide below for colored Vans if you think the mud on them are too stubborn for the washing machine to handle.

Using the bleach or too high duty detergent may work, but the bleach also may cause your white shoes to change color. Moreover, your skin will feel irritated wearing something soaked in the substances. And, remember, you never should wash colored shoes with bleach, or else you won’t recognize them.

Therefore, knowing how to clean vans shoes by hand is essential, especially when you have a pair of white ones.

The conventional method

You should wash your vans with warm water instead of cold one since it is easier to remove the dirt. Pour a little mild, liquid detergent in and stir so that it dissolves well.

Wash your shoes with an old toothbrush. Scrub the fabric gently at first, then more intensely at stained spots on the Vans. Rinse them thoroughly under a running water tap. Then, wrap your cleaned shoes in a towel to absorb excess water. Let them dry naturally, avoid direct sunlight.

Using nail polish

Detergent can be useful when it comes to dirt, mud, or scuffs. However, when you cope something more stubborn like grease or oil, nail polish will prove its outstanding power.

Use a cotton swab to take some nail polish. Rub it onto the persistent stain for a while; the unpleasant spot will disappear.

Another usage of baking soda

Baking soda is more impressive than you think in cleaning. To keep your Vans white and bright, mix a tablespoon of baking soda with water and stir until it settles as a paste. Use an old toothbrush to apply the mixture inside and outside the shoes. Do it gently in small circles.

After the step, remove the past with a damp cloth and dry them as usual. Don’t submerge your shoes in water. Lemon juice can be a great alternative if you don’t have any baking soda in your cabinets. The only difference is that you should use a sponge instead of a brush.

Toothpaste is not only for teeth

Toothpaste may come in handy in the situation. Use it the same way I have told you to handle the paste made from baking soda.
    However, not every kind of toothpaste is usable. Make sure you have chosen white, uncolored one. You don’t to have green or blue stripes on your shoes, do you?

Keeping your Vans at its prime

You cannot keep your shoes clean all the time unless you plan to wear them indoor only. And even though, no one can be sure. However, we have tips to maintain the color of our shoes, especially white ones.

There are plenty of shoe protection products in stores and supermarkets. I prefer using protection spray on my white Vans. Dirt will no more easily get on your shoes.

Talcum powder is also an essential tool to help protect the color of your shoes. You can apply them using an old, dry nail brush. And remember, when you go out on a rainy day, don’t wear white Vans at any cost.

Conclusion

Since you fell in love with the bright, colorful of Vans, you have known that the only way to keep them at their prime is to prevent them from mud and stains. The task requires attention and carefulness.

Now you have known how to clean Vans shoes http://footguru.net It is pretty easy, using only common substances and tools. If you find the instructions helpful, tell your friend or share the post with them. Our beautiful Vans deserve proper care and love.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Depends on your fit, If your heatsink has a good fit, then Krynaut all the way, if the fit is bad, go for ICD.

3. bennni

bennni Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I used to prefer Coollaboratory Liquid Metal Pro/Ultra but I switched to Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut and haven't really looked back. I like Grizzly Kryonaut if the heatsink doesn't fit 100% or if the system is very difficult to disassemble and I don't want to reopen it anytime soon. I've seen reports that it pumps out over time but I haven't personally seen this happen - this may well be luck on my part so bare this in mind. As Danishblunt says, IC Diamond is also a good choice if the heatsink doesn't fit perfectly or you're not confident in using liquid metal.

4. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Liquid metal only works if the fit is great, otherwise its worse than even stock tim. I don't know how to M11x R2 is on that regard but theres that. Also You should note that Liquid metal does corrode alluminuim and has some weird interaction with copper. It discolors the copper plate for some reason, I think it eats itself inside it, since in extreme cases I've seen the liquid metal basicially dry up and stick to copper plates.

Note: it seems only cosmetic tho, since the heatsink seems to opperate normally it just looks funny,

Also never heard of it pumping over nor ever experiences it msyelf either, but then again I repaste every 4-6months. So maybe that's why.

5. bennni

bennni Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    LM does discolor the copper - but it's never been an issue for me either.

I have read reports of Kryonaut pumping out - am pretty sure that Vasudev mentioned this in another thread (Apologies if it wasn't you). It's not liquid metal, so I suppose that it may well pump out eventually. Haven't seen it yet in person, so am not certain.

Wormwood likes this.
  6. gamefoo21

gamefoo21 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've had great results with Arctic Cooling MX-4. You do have have some patience when doing naked core, as it's thicker, and I always do thin coat for naked cores.

I've pulled stuff apart after a few years, and it's still sticky. Most others I've had turn into rock, the oils go for a walk, and performance degrades.

7. republicofsam

republicofsam Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've just repasted my R3 with AS5, the difference in operating temperatures is incredible. I went from full throttling on the i7, which led to unbearable lag (Around 90*C). To a completely stable 70*C operating maximum temperature, or 67*C max with enough room for the fan. Mind you this is both running at 103.1Mhz FSB, as well as 830Mhz on the 540M core. The stock paste isn't even paste, it was more or less a damp cake batter. Came off in chunks and was full of air bubbles, no wonder it didn't work for ****.

8. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    For best tempertures LM Grizzly Conductonaut for sure but heatsink MUST be almost perfect fit but you need to be extra careful in application. Traditional paste I have used Grizzly Kryonaut and doesn’t require much expertise on application.