Which screw does the Ativ Book 8 880Z5 use?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by PickyWhiz, May 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PickyWhiz

PickyWhiz Newbie

Reputations:
    I need to replace the screw that holds the ram slot cover because I had to drill that screw due to a stripped screw head.
    What is the type/size of the screw that the Ativ Book 8 uses?

2. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Samsungparts.com lists several different screws for that notebook. Unless you can recognise your screw from the descriptions I would suggest you buy one of the notebook screw multipacks which cost a few $$$s from China via ebay and contain a dozen different screw sizes which should include those listed by samsungparts.com. You will end up with a lifetime supply of spare screws which is no bad thing provided you can remember where you put the bag.

John

3. PickyWhiz

PickyWhiz Newbie

Reputations:
    I cannot find the screw multipack on that website. And they don't have images for each screws. I've also googled part numbers written on their website, and all I got is a blurry photo. What should I do?
    The screw that needs to be replaced has a round and curved head, and it is black.

4. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I expect that one of these will fit. Which one remains to be seen. It might not be a perfect fit but who spends time looking at the bottom of their computer?

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.