Which one of these laptops should I buy for Planetside 2, Arma 3, ect.?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Hardcore MVF, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardcore MVF

Hardcore MVF Newbie

Reputations:
  2. idiot101

idiot101 Down and Broken

Reputations:
    Please fill this form. It would make it easier for us to see what you are looking in a laptop.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/wha...ould-i-buy-form-must-read-before-posting.html

You can get the same hardware in the Asus for a lower price in the Acer V3-772G.
    Review Acer Aspire V3-772G-747A321 Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews
    Acer Aspire V3-772G-9402 Notebook PC - Intel Core i7-4702MQ 2.20GHz, 12GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M, 17.3 in. Display, Windows 8 64-Bit, Black (NX.M8SAA.003) at TigerDirect.com

If gaming is your primary goal, there are several MSI and Clevo barebone options with the GTX 770M.

3. csclifford

csclifford Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    We really need to know at least your budget to adequately help you.

If you're looking to play ARMA 3, Planetside 2, and other graphics/cpu intensive games, you are going to want at least a 770, and preferably a 780.

4. Benmaui

Benmaui Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just based off of the 3 laptops in OP I would go for the Asus G750, 765m would be okish but I would definitely go for 770m if I could stretch the budget 100 bucks .
    I would go for the Asus mainly because of it's great cooling, I have played over 1000 hours on Arma 2 and Planetside 2 combined and my laptop gets toasty warm (keep in mind that I am running on an almost 4 year old mid level laptop) so you should be golden on any of the above laptops, but the Asus is without a doubt the best cooled laptop of the lot, not to mention the extra screen real-estate which is a big plus . ^^

EDIT : I didn't see that someone mentioned Acer, by principle I make a point in saying stay far away from Acer whenever I can (bad personal experience) although their quality appears to have improved over the years, but you cannot fairly say that it has the same specs as the Asus, at least not the G750 which has a better CPU, better GPU, better display, better cooling, better overall quality, I could continue but I think you all catch my drift, I will finish my rant by saying the Acer costs 1499 euros (the configuration on Notebookcheck does anyways) for that price you can get a G750 equipped with a 770m Gpu .

Hmmm it seems it is being sold quite a bit cheaper now 1099$ I didn't see that other link my bad, but yeah I personally would stay far from it .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.