Which of these is better?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Ninten Akira, Oct 7, 2017.

?

Which?

1. Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-57D4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-56UO

100.0%
  1. Ninten Akira

Ninten Akira Newbie

Reputations:
    I want a detailed comparison of these two Acers I've been looking at, but none of the websites have them in their databases or they just spit the specs at my face. I want to know which is better and why. What is the stronger, quicker hardware?

Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-57D4 and Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-56UO. The Nitro is much cheaper at Micro Center by the way.

2. Teejo Watermelon

Teejo Watermelon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I would definetely pick the pascal laptop, the gtx 1050 is stronger than the 940mx by miles. it might even beat the 970m.

3. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Welcome.
    The Nitro you're looking at is Acer's budget gaming lineup. It's essentially an Aspire on steroids. As noted, the GTX 1050 runs rings around the 940MX. The 940MX is a very weak card that is not very suitable for modern gaming (if that's what you want to do.) You might want to fill this out so we can help better.

Charles

4. Ninten Akira

Ninten Akira Newbie

Reputations:
    General Questions

1) What is your budget?
    $600

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
    a. Netbook; 10" screen or less
    b. Ultraportable; 11" - 12" screen
    c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
    d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
    e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

I want D mainstream.
    3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
    USA

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    a. Like: Acer, Asus, HP
    b. Dislike: Apple
    5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
    No, have to be new.

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Indie games, music streaming and download, Youtube, torrents,web surfing, netflix, and school research.

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? Both. Taking it places and leaving it home

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games? Sims, GTA, Stardew Valley, old Maxis games.

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
    I mainly keep my laptops plugged in

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? Both are okay.

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
    I prefer Linux, but I want to dual boot with Windows 10

Screen Specifics
    Bright, colorful
    12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.) I want 1080p

13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
    I suppose it doesn't matter to me.

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? Kind of. I don't need pure beauty, but I don't want ugly.

15) When are you buying this laptop?
    Hopefully in the month of October.

16) How long do you want this laptop to last? A few years.

Notebook Components

17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
    I want an SSD with decent space to dual boot.

18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner? Yes, I want an optical drive.