which notebook should i keep

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by veryh2o, Feb 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. veryh2o

veryh2o Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Guys, first time post. recently wants to get a notebook. My last notebook was a Sony Vaio VPCF23EFX/B I bought back in 2012. so this time I had to do some studying. After reading through the net I finally landed two notebook I believe has the best price for now.

1. Evoo EG-LP5-BK I paid $720.79 net
    I7-9750h
    1080p ips 144hz screen.
    16gb ram (2x8gb) 2666
    GTX 1660ti, i think this is the full 1660 ti
    Biwin 512 gb M.2 ssd

2. Lenovo C930 glass I paid $908.04 net
    I7-8550U
    13.9" UHD 3840 X 2160
    16gb ram (2X8gb) 2400
    intergrated intel UHD graphic 620
    Hynix 512 gb PCIe
    finger print login

I really couldn't decide which one to keep. I love to play games but my most recent game is Skyrim Special Edition. I am so out of the gaming world. I am thinking about getting Monster Hunter World, or maybe play the new Diablo IV. I think i will end up just watch youtube on my couch most of the time. I have the C930 so light and I can bring around easily, and the fingerprint login just makes login so much easier. I love the Evoo that I can upgrade the computer in the future. I couldn't tell the big difference between the UHD and FHD screen, i think both are good enough for me. anything good or bad things about these two notebooks?

Base on value wise, which notebook do you guys think I am getting a better deal? Evoo one is $187 cheaper than Lenovo.

I value your opinion and I would love to hear from you. thank you.

2. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Those are two very different computers. The Evoo is a gaming machine, and the Lenovo is a stylish thin-and-light.

I think you need to think about what you want from the computer a little more before buying, but it sounds like you value the Lenovo's features a little more. It's stylish, has better portability, and can do most of the tasks you want. Modern gaming is the exception; for that, the Evoo is worlds better.
    You can always fill out our FAQ if you want some targeted advice.

Charles

3. veryh2o

veryh2o Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks. Yeah, I do decided to keep the C930, just would like to play Monter Hunter World a little bit. Is there any where I can look for to see if my C930 can run Monster Hunter World? Tks!

4. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Your C930 doesn't meet the requirements for Monster Hunter World. You need a dedicated GPU to play that game; the recommended card is a GTX 1060. The Evoo you're looking at would run it just fine.
    Charles

Papusan likes this.