Which Linux Cert to go for?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ViciousXUSMC, Sep 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I just finished the edX Linux Fundamentals course not long ago and got an offer in my email to go take one of the new Linux Foundation exams at $100 off taking the cost down from $300 to $200.

I am not huge in Linux, I run it on some VM's and play with Kali and Fedora from time to time but sort of wanted to get some ceterfication just to bolster my resume.

I am holding a CompTia A+ & Network+ right now so sort of already wanted to get CompTia Linux+ (and/or Security+) down the road as a way to renew those other 2 certs, and if I am not mistaken taking Linux+ will also reward you with LPIC-1 from the Linux Professional Institute.

So between these 3 entry level exams, wich would you pick and why?

CompTia: CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI Certification
    LPI: https://www.lpi.org/linux-certifications/programs
    Linux Foundation: Linux Certification and Certification Courses - Linux Foundation Training

If I ever did get into Linux as a main focus for my carreer my ultimate goal would be Red Hat Enterprise certifications, but I doubt I will move to Linux as my main carreer more or less just an extra skill to round me out.

At this point I am working for my Cisco CCNA not fully studying Linux so this is more of a data gathering question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.