Which anti-virus software?

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by macktheknife, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. System64

System64 Windows 7 x64

Reputations:
    Don't foget about Avast! ~Real time web scanning~

2. chatte

chatte Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    McAfee VirusScan Enterprise + McAfee AntiSpyware Enterprise Module

Have good reputation, reliable. A bit heavy (8000-10000K memory usage?) but not too much.

You could also add McAfee Desktop FireWall, a great firewall however unfortunately developers are about to close the project so its not going to be supported (but of course you can use firewall).

Edit: Actually, this looks like a great option (for home users): http://us.mcafee.com/root/package.asp?pkgid=276

3. sasanac

sasanac Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'd stick with what you know. AVG is a good free anti virus program and has served me well for a number of years now. If it aint broke don't fix it?!

Personally I'm not keen on McAfee or Norton (suites or standalone programs)as they are swines to get rid of if you change your mind and want to ditch them. Both are prone to leaving things left on your computer even after you've run the uninstallers.

I can recommend Comodo Firewall if you plan on getting a firewall to go with it, it's free too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.