Which affordable 2in1 should i buy

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by XG BC, Jul 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. XG BC

XG BC Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello Guys i need help on deciding on wich 2in1 laptop should i buy. i want midrange specs (best would be amd ryzen 5 4500u) or i5 with dgpu for futureproofing. i need this for shool (microsoft office, 2d cad maybe)
    1) What is your budget?
    up to 750€
    2) What size notebook would you prefer?
    a. Ultraportable; 10" - 12" screen
    c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
    3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
    Germany
    4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    a. Like: Any Pc brand
    b. Dislike: Apple, Chromebook
    5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
    NO
    6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
    Microsoft Office, 2d Cad,maybe some light photo editing (hobby)
    7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
    I want something not too heavy and mobile
    8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? (If so, please state which games or types of games?)
    Not really just some light open source games (supertuxkart)
    9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
    8-10h
    10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
    online is fine
    11) What OS do you prefer? Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
    Windows 10
    Screen Specifics
    10"-14" smaller is better for mobility
    12) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer? (See further below for explanations.)
    atleast 1080p fullHD
    13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (See further below for explanations.)
    Since its a 2in1 glossy but it doesnt really matter
    Build Quality and Design
    Dont care to much shouldnt look like from 2010 but should last as long as possible
    notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
    not really
    Notebook Components

15) How much hard drive space do you need?
    atleast 256 gb ssd (im not putting up with a hdd anymore)

Timing, Warranty and Longevity

16) When are you buying this laptop?
    I need it when shool starts september
    17) How long do you expect to use this laptop?
    As long as possible
    18) How long could you afford to do without your laptop if it were to fail?
    some time maybe because i have an old desktop (amd phenom 2 x4 945,ati radeon hd 4000 gpu)

19) Would you be willing to pay significantly extra for on-site warranty, or would it be acceptable to you to have to ship the laptop to the vendor for repair with perhaps a week or more outage?
    yes as stated above

I want a 2in1 because i'm currently using an android tablet and i love it but i need windows and more power (no surface tablet please).I also looked online and found the lenovo ideapad flex 5 and the hp envy x360 13 in this link:
    https://www.otto.de/p/hp-envy-13-ay...on-69-euro-1119889230/#variationId=1119889231
    Im currently undecided as i want to spend as little as possile for it but i am willing to spend 20-40€ more for the hp if you have got any cheaper alternatives then send me suggestions

thanks in advance for your help

XGBC

(please forgive me for any gramatical errors as i am from germany and english isn't my native language)

2. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just my opinion. My dell inspiron 13 5000 2 in 1 is an awesome 2 in 1 for the price. Only thing is it dont have pen support. I create websites, edit photos, videos, create graphics, run cad programs, create music, and more. Only thing is I do not game on it, although as a bike freak I do run decenders on lowest settings with decent results.

XG BC likes this.
  3. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The HP Envy you're looking at is a solid laptop, though not that particular model as it has just 8GB of memory. That's not enough for the kind of apps you want to run. Look for one with 16GB and spend a little more.

For the sake of offering an alternative, there's the Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 which also offers AMD Ryzen chips and might be in your price range, though I'm not sure about availability in Germany.

Charles

XG BC likes this.
  4. XG BC

XG BC Newbie

Reputations:
    The issue is that the lenovo flex 5 is always sold out here in germany you and there is no model with a ryzen 5 and 16 gigs of ram. there is only the ryzen 7 model wich is wayyy more expensive

5. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    It's worth looking for an Intel-based PC, then, that has 16GB of RAM.

Charles