Where would you live if you could live anywhere?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PaladinPC, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    When have I said that? Women have a natural drive toward safety and security and it's not that most are treasure hunting, but they want that security in a man as well. I recommend being the man and certainly pay for the first couple of times, but then see if she offers to pay (and allow her to do so), and then pull it way back and do a couple things requiring little or no money at all. And observe. If she's cool with that, then she's not just looking for a wallet. Never flaunt your wealth, but doesn't hurt to show you're not a bum either. She's gotta be into you and not the gravy train. Sorry to disappoint you. :nah:

2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Me too, man, me too...
    Can you at least tell once again why sales people are more important than any other kind of jobs out there.
    :D

Fishon likes this.
  3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Glad to. It's not any other, but most others within an organization. Just look at your paycheck and compare it to a successful salesperson at your company and you'll understand. :D

4. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Not exactly a fair comparison, since I'm not yet accomplished in my job.
    But if we compare a similar sales person from my company with me, I actually earn more.

But I'm happy that you are finally you!

5. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Maybe now. However, his earning potential should be much higher than yours if he becomes successful. Business is the exchange of goods and services, and persons who drive that business towards the company directly, at that point of sale between customer and the business, are the most valuable to a company's bottom line. They generate what is most important, revenue, and therefore they are most richly rewarded. As I stated before, if that product is truly unique and greatly adds to the bottom line, then sure they will be paid handsomely as well. But that is rare. The janitor who created the idea for Cheetos Flaming Hot flavor is now a multimillionaire. The man who created the algorithms that lead to the Wilshire 5000 index sits on top of a mountain in Los Angeles. But the guys who pick the stocks we'd sell (and much smarted than me BTW), wouldn't get paid squat compared to the sales force. Of course, the more highly specialized or rare their abilities are as an employee outside of sales, the more he or she will make. But who exactly will be successful in sales is one of the hardest things to determine for a company, and they spend a lot to find and reward them. They are a rare breed as well.

Fair enough question as our company sells what is called an intangible, as opposed to a tangible product. But lets take the pharmaceutical industry for example. 9 out to 10 companies in this sector spend much more of sales and marketing than on R&D. Johnson and Johnson spent 17.5b on sales and marketing, compared to 8.2b on R&D in 2013. You can open your doors and hope people find your product, but this usually does not work. Every person down to the person answering the phone is a necessary component to a successful business. But companies try to pay as little as possible, and the ones who earn the biggest paychecks are paid for good reason, which is usually tired to their bottom line or indispensable uniqueness.

8 Ways to Overcome a Blow to Your Ego :D

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  6. killkenny1

Reputations:
  7. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

8. Vaardu

Vaardu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ireland. Felt at home when I went on holiday to Dublin.

Arrrrbol, Fishon and killkenny1 like this.
  9. Arrrrbol

Arrrrbol Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    There is an awful lot wrong with Britain where I have lived all my life: the wind, the rain, the constant damp air, our government, our huge social issues, our horrible crime rate, our expensive yet small houses, our potholed roads, our incompetent and bureaucratic institutions, our complete lack of any industry anymore, the fact that the Spanish can steal our fish, our enormous national debt, our useless police force that believe thought crimes are more important than stopping terrorists from entering the country, our unsustainable immigration policy, our terrible internet compared to much poorer countries than us, our utterly moronic dependence on useless wind turbines which lead to a huge variation in the frequency of the national grid causing both undersupply and oversupply, the fact that we have to get the bloody Chinese to build a French nuclear reactor for us because we shut down the Electricity Generating Board and can't design our own anymore, the fact that we live next to the French, the huge amount of drug addicts, the obesity levels and so on...

In spite of all that though, I don't believe there is anywhere else I could truly feel at home - at least until the Inner Party come for me.

10. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations: