Where would you buy your msi??????

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Dovan1405, Oct 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dovan1405

Dovan1405 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

Would like to get your advice on where you would rather get your laptops. Online or local?
    I have been looking at the GE63vr raider for awhile now. I have been taking advices from Donald from HIDevolution and he has beem extremely helpful with all my questions no matter how small they are. Something i would not be able to get from my local stores.

My local stores wont be what i would say helpful people but would really want to sell me their product no considering my needs.
    Whereas Somewhere like HIDevolution would be always there to attend to my questions and doubts.

Problem now is that im worried about the after service.
    If i got my laptop locally and had any problems, i will be able to get back to their shop and ask for the help rectified.
    But online stores, i will have to go through emails and most of the issues will have to be solved by me through instructions from them. Im quite dump with computers so most instructions will take time for me to do them.
    And also if there is a need to have things send back, Like maybe minor issues - dead pixels, there would be shipping involved. Shipping from my area out would easily cost $150usd which is quite a lot if its 2 way it will double.
    Thou there hasnt been much rma from what i read on its thread. Only 1/2?

So would like for your advices on which would be the more appropriate course for me to take.

2. DukeCLR

DukeCLR Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you can wait for the shipping time the go with Gentech, Xotic, Hidevolution or similar. I have unique time restrains so I bought form Newegg, I also like the zero percent financing, and I ran it hard to try to get any issues to pop up so I could send it back within the return period. Newegg sent a used one to my friend so watch out, they will pull some BS.

3. ryzeki

ryzeki Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    I almost always recommend online through resellers (as you can see, I bought from GentechPC) precisely due to customer support. We also have the added benefit of having company representatives here that have helped all users regardless of who you bought from, because in the end we are all MSI owners.

Are you USA based or elsewhere? Feel free to contact resellers for any specific question for them. Also you have this forum to help with anything we can. We have owner's threads for most models in general.

4. don_svetlio

don_svetlio Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I wouldn't buy MSI to begin with but if you are asking for a retailer, HIDevolution is a fantastic place to shop from.

5. Dovan1405

Reputations:
    Im from south east asia. Thats why after sale shipping would be something im worried about if something were to really happen to my laptop.

I know the people here are really helpful. But im just worried there would be problems i wont be able to solve even with your instructions. Im not very smart with handling computers

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Where are you located? Something you may want to double check with your local MSI office in case of warranty issues, because not every region provides international warranty such as Australia & Brazila and there could be others too. Otherwise, if you bought a system from the US and you may have to ship it back to the US for warranty service instead.

7. Dovan1405

Reputations:
    Im located in singapore, i havent really asked my local office. Maybe ill check on it.

8. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Looks like you have a local importer/distributor.
    https://www.hachi.tech/brands/MSI

9. Dovan1405

Reputations:
    Would they help me with any warranty if i buy it online or it will depend on them???

10. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    If they are the distributor then they may only provide warranty to units sold through them.
    But double check with them directly to get a confirmation.

Dovan1405 likes this.