Where to find ASUS recalls?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by jsis, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsis

jsis Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was wondering where I could look up the latest recalls concerning ASUS ensemble and built-on notebooks? Which page in the ASUS website specifically?

Thanks.

2. PROPortable

PROPortable Company Representative

Reputations:
    There are none, so there isn't a page. The only recall Asus had in the past in terms of their notebook line at least was a voluntary recall on Z71 main batteries made between March of 2005 until November of 2005 and ONLY if they won't hold 90% of their charge...... most people who had a problem saw their battery drop to a max of only 60% over a matter of a couple months. I know we saw 2-3 dozen batteries get replaced by Asus, with the entire replacement paid for by Sony, but it was only for those with the problem.

3. Greg

Greg Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    hehehe...sony battery you say?

4. PROPortable

Reputations:
    What is so funny about that?

5. GregM

GregM Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The Dell and Apple battery problems all stemmed from Sony batteries. I was wondering the same thing - My Z63A has a Sony battery - has anybody had any problems?

6. PROPortable

Reputations:
    I realize that..... it doesn't make it funny. I answered that question in another post.

7. Geared2play.com

Geared2play.com Company Representative

Reputations:
    z63a battery historically was very relaible. I can count rma on my 2 fingers. The only laptop with a problem was z71v. The cells were manufed by samsung.

8. PROPortable

Reputations:

Although I'm going to mention this to you over im in a second...... the Z71 batteries that had problems used cells from Sony... I ripped apart one of the batteries this evening with a 56xxxxxx serial number that was outside of the warranty period and had this problem and it had Sony's model numbers on it.

9. jsis

jsis Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Do any of you guys know how many RMA's are on V6(V) batteries relative to other model's batteries?

I am asking this because my battery is acting funny again... 4% wear level but the battery never charge beyond 86%, and I already quit calibrating it because the process never ended after 10 hours. I'm waiting for a prepaid shipping package from ASUS.

10. BENDER

BENDER EX-NBR member :'(

Reputations:
    The V6J batteries are showing the same symptoms as the Z71. ASUS has exchanged my batteries twice already but the fault still exists. In less than a month, battery wear has jumped to 30% :eek: I'm not the only one who has issues with the V6J batteries; there are so many V6J owners complaining about their batteries. I love my V6J, but this battery glitch just drives me insane. I used to squeeze 4hrs out of it, but now it can barely manage 1.5hrs :( I'll have my batteries replaced a third time, but i guess with my luck that'll be a temporary relief before they start crapping on me again!!! x_x

Justin? Eddie? Anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.