1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Where to buy CLEVO in EUROPE

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by emish89, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EARNEST

EARNEST Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    what does error class 2 mean? i do not understand German. thanks

2. schlumpfschlaubi

schlumpfschlaubi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  3. EARNEST

Reputations:
    People who are buying from mySN be prepared with VAT problems :/ those guys have my VAT number, scan of my certificate...and still problems. I HAD to verify it online on the EU web-site and send them a new screenshot...God! Never had such problems with Thomann and Farnell. Are the employees trying to give me a hard time or what? I'm already late with my project and cannot continue without a new laptop :/ Hate it. So, just take this into consideration, mySN might give you hard times. Overclockers.co.uk, Farnell, Thomann...it took them 10 mins to verify my details...mySN few weeks :/

4. schlumpfschlaubi

schlumpfschlaubi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    sry;
    i'm from germany and so i can't tell much about VAT experiences.

hope they will shipping it fast and you have fun with the p700.

ps: still waiting for my p700 too

5. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It should take them one day to check your VAT number. And they will need a copy of your VAT certificate, most companies require it for intra-EU transactions.

6. EARNEST

Reputations:
    They had my VAT number, address and certificate for almost 2 weeks. This evening I was told the laptop is shipped via DHL...Dunno...Till I see the tracking number, I would doubt it.

7. JoeDarkness

JoeDarkness Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    After my last W860CU I don't know if I would suggest importing from the USA since that cheap Laptop doesn't look so cheap after its been returned for repair twice since you have to pay all the shipping costs

:(

8. EARNEST

Reputations:
    True, that's a good point.

9. greenfish

greenfish Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    in case someone didn't mention this company, but I bought my laptop from notebookguru :)

10. EARNEST

Reputations:
    I know about them, however they are a bit expensive. Btw, mySN had shipped my notebook today, gave me the tracking number....so just waiting for it now

11. LightningPL

LightningPL Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi, what you think which company is better mySN or Deviltech ? I noticed that they are most popular in Europe and their notebooks are very often reviewed.
    I'm planning to order Clevo P170HM.

12. damascus_steel

damascus_steel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I would buy from mySN rather than from Deviltech, it has better reputation and is more popular.

When I ordered from Hawkforce, the laptop arrived faster than refund from Kobalt computers and had no faults. It may be a single guy company, but as long as he is reliable and people have good experience with him I have no problem with it. At the time of my order it was also possible to ship only to Germany but he agreed to send it abroad. You may also negotiate other things not selectable on the website.

I think it doesn't matter so much if you order from mySN or Hawkforce, choose one which has better price for your configuration. Other small German resellers like Deviltech or Notebookguru might beat them in price, but not in customer service.

You also won't hear excuses from German resellers like orders delayed due to snow, hacked website, illness, laptop being built/tested for months etc.

13. belegdol

belegdol Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    For my config of choice Deviltech ends up €130 cheaper than MySN. This seems significant, what do you recommend?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.