Where do you fill up and what level fuel?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Colton, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soviet Sunrise

Soviet Sunrise Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Only Shell premium for me.

2. Clutch

Clutch cute and cuddly boys

Reputations:
    And some times it is cheaper to get a high octane because it gets better mpgs.

And we tried Shell once and it blocked up the engine :eek:

3. Levenly

Levenly Grappling Deity

Reputations:
    i read the 2005-2009 mustang GT's run better on 87 when stock.

4. Kinghong1970

Kinghong1970 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i saw a very interesting news program... i think it was 20/20... basically, regardless of what brand gas station you go to, it's the same gas...

there's a HESS filling station at edgewater nj, i see exxon, mobil, shell, bp and all sorts of trucks going in to fill their tanks to distribute to the stations...

5. Colton

Colton Also Proudly American

Reputations:
    I saw that, and it was total hog-wash. They don't tell you the WHOLE truth, like the amount of detergents a Top Tier station adds compared to an independent. They only find information that is in their favor, and not the whole un-edited truth.

6. Levenly

Levenly Grappling Deity

Reputations:
    it isn't all exactly the same gas going to and from - it could be the same LDC providing gas to the people if they run out of supply, but BP is not going to be purchasing gas from Shell when BP is a much larger company that has it's own sources of gas.

energy is an awkward commodity to contract because there is no set delivery - it's all estimated. this is why you see some of the same trucks from an LDC giving the same gas to local stations near eachother. there is a difference in Exxon gas and Sunoco and BP...

7. otaku

otaku Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    in my ford fusion I mostly used 87 octane but sometimes 91 it depended on which custom tune I was running. I've always filled up at chevron or shell they sell good gas however with my latest car I'm not really sure I want to keep doing that as its just a pos taurus I only put 600 into in order to own and drive it so I should probably switch over to the cheapest gas in town (costco) and the cheapest oil changes (10 bucks versus the 30+ i used to spend) and call it a day till the thing blows haha

8. CanadianDude

CanadianDude Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    well does not mean will does it?

9. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    I put 87 octane in the Jeep, and 93+ in my Eagle. I only go to large brands e.g. mobile, sunoco, shell etc (minus Citgo). Im REALLY picky about where I fuel up as even if the station is a name brand, the way they store their fuel may be sub par for my standards.

Also using a higher or lower grade of fuel then what the car is designed for is wrong for so many reasons. Just stick with the octane it is designed to use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.