Where do you fill up and what level fuel?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Colton, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muscle Master

Muscle Master Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The Nissan VQ ... Really

If I had to give does japs credit it would be towards that VQ engine .... its really a beast ... love that engine

And I had forgot about the Is350 :confused2:

but I think GM does it better, 3.6 LLT has 312 horses and gets 36 MPG hwy

Same EPA doesn't calculate real world results be cause the EPA gave it an estimate 27 MPG, fools ...

And if anyone wants to know why GM DI technology is better than the Japanese competitor start reading page 4 and 5

Link

2. gengerald

gengerald Technofile Extraordinaire

Reputations:
    2000 Ford Ranger 3L V6

Only 87 so my ride doesn't get too hot. I use Chevron when I can, or 76 when I can't. They are even surprisingly cheap around here. I have put a couple tanks of Arco/no-name and hated it. I will not just push it instead of subjecting it to that 'stuff'.

3. flipfire

flipfire Moderately Boss

Reputations:
    My engine sometimes pings around 4000rpms upon heavy acceleration when run on 91RON, it sounds like it hit retarded vtec, the engine just shakes. No way id put anything below 95 octane.

95 was the minimum for my old pulsar aswell. full boost at 10psi it will knock on 91 octane. Japanese imports dont like low octane fuel.

Here its 91-95-98 and you can get 100 octane race fuel at the tracks near my house. Japan its like 95-98-100-102

4. stewie

stewie What the deuce?

Reputations:
    I forgot to mention, the octane rating standard varies from country to country. The 98 RON in Australia is basically a 93 in US/Canada. US/Canada use the AKI (Anti-Knock Index) standard instead.

5. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yeah props there, i really love my VQ in the infiniti. I know for certain this won't be my last VQ vehicle.

6. Modly

Modly Warranty Voider

Reputations:
    Oregon and New Jersey both have state laws preventing people from pumping their own gas. It has nothing to do with safety, it's just an old law that the feds implemented, and the states kept.

You can build your own fuel injection system (like me), and still be banned from touching the pump nozzle. Since i am from Michigan, I feel weird about that, and always exit the vehicle, and stand next to the nozzle the whole duration, which seems very strange to the pump jockeys.

7. Ferrari

Ferrari Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

Did you know they made it illegal to top off your gas tank in Oregon.

8. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I used to use premium because it was cheap but now the cheapest is more than the premium was then.

My truck seems to run the same on both, I mostly used premium before because I hear it has cleaner and stuff in it to keep the fuel injectors clean, and that if you use the cheap stuff all the time you should probably put some injector cleaner in there once in a while.

I dont have a brand loyalty, my wife works at a gas station and I found out the exact same fuel people deliver the exact same gas to just about every brand just in different trucks, straight from the guys mouth that delivers the fuel. He told me one brand to stay away from though because they have settlements in there stuff.

9. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    all of my cars that i've owned has required premium grade gas. from a person that loves to push their cars to the limit, it's nice to have a certain feelin of security from usin the grade of gas that was suggested for that particular motor.

my gripe is not for the guys that fill up with a higher grade than their manual requires or suggests. that's yur money and the world is full of placebo effects anyways. my gripe is for the guys that use a lower grade of gas than the manufacturers' suggestions. treat yur things well and they will return the favor!

10. Howitzer225

Howitzer225 Death Company Dreadnought

Reputations:
    Premium 95% Octane at Shell. With 10% Ethanol added :p. My car is a pretty old and local model, Toyota Tamaraw FX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.