1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Where are the GT 750M Drivers nVidia!?

Discussion in 'IdeaPad & Essential' started by darkonex, May 14, 2013.

1. darkonex

darkonex Notebook Geek

Why is nVidia not releasing new drivers for the 700M series yet? Doesn't seem to be anything past the 311.whatever that my Y400 came with. The new 320.14 betas for Metro Last Light came out today but still nothing, anybody else frustrated by this? Is there a way to make them install that I don't know about, and if so is there any reason not to do that?

2. octiceps

octiceps Notebook Profit

Don't do it. Be patient they will come.

3. kent1146

kent1146 Notebook Virtuoso

Patience.

Posting on an internet forum won't make them come any faster. Espeically forums that aren't owned or moderated by nVidia.

This is the double-edged sword of getting the latest-and-greatest computer hardware. You get the fastest and shiniest toy on the block. But sometimes, you need to wait for "everything else" about owning that product to catch up with you :)

4. kh90123

kh90123 Notebook Deity

5. darkonex

darkonex Notebook Geek

Awesome I'll try this tonight, thanks!

6. darkonex

darkonex Notebook Geek

Got it done, didn't have to disable driver signing enforcement to do it, I just generated the custom inf and put it in the folder and ran the setup and it installed and all looks good, thanks again!

7. precise2282

precise2282 Notebook Geek

Did you notice any improvements with the latest drivers? My computer is having stuttering issues and I was hoping maybe a driver update would fix those issues.

8. FSU Logan

FSU Logan Notebook Evangelist

+1 I'll go through the trouble of doing this if any differences are even seen..

9. darkonex

darkonex Notebook Geek

Need to try Metro Last Light again to see if it sped that up any, but I will say that Defiance seems smoother for sure, it wasn't hard to do so I'd say give it a shot, didn't take me a few minutes.

10. revolutionz_s13

revolutionz_s13 Notebook Enthusiast

FYI, I just downloaded the 320.14 beta drivers from NVidia for the GT740M and installed on my GT750M SLI machine like normal. Just extract and install. I'm running Win 7 Pro 64.

11. vito357si

vito357si Notebook Guru

I did that but had a problem while it was installing got a black screen then it started beeping, I left it for a few mins and still had the black screen so i unplugged everything rebooted and the drivers worked tomb raider now works in sli.

12. He1p

He1p Notebook Evangelist

does the new nvidia driver work with y500 gt750m sli ?

13. FSU Logan

Yes.. We said this lol

14. Character Zero

Character Zero Notebook Consultant

Does it work installed directly from the site, or do I need to create the ini with the 750M?

15. juliant

juliant Notebook Deity

No need to meddle with the .inf file. You can install it straight away from the driver without any changes. Though I recommend to remove the old driver, ccleaner, driver sweeper or fusion (whichever you have), restart and then install the new driver. Do this without being connected to the internet as windows always tends to install the driver.

16. FSU Logan

Install the 740M version it works with literally no problems

17. He1p

He1p Notebook Evangelist

What are the temperatures you guys normally get while gaming ?

18. the_profesor

the_profesor Notebook Consultant

Playing Battlefield 3, gpu 1 is about 70-75, gpu 2 is about 74-78. Playing on medium settings.

19. the_profesor

the_profesor Notebook Consultant

Just got done doing about a 2 and a half hour session, gpu 1 max temp 68, gpu 2 max temp 74. On medium settings.

20. Kylometa

Kylometa Newbie

I just downloaded the 320.14 beta drivers from NVidia for the GT740M and installed them on my y410p machine and its still not working, the installer fails.

Do you guys know how to get all the drivers going for this computer?(graphics especially, obviously)

I replaced the 5400hdd for a Samsung SSD and did fresh OEM install of Win8 and now I am having problems finding all of the drivers in general. For instance i'm plugging in my monitor and says to re install my graphics driver. At this point I dont even know if the onboard Intel 4000HD onboard graphics is working..help