Where are Clevo service manuals hosted these days?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by yrekabakery, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Stooj

Stooj Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Big thanks for the PB5 Service Manuals.

Of particular interest is the display output setup in the PB5 with Thunderbolt 3 present.

There's seemingly 5 outputs from the NV GPU to various ports (HDMI2.0, mini-DP1.4, Thunderbolt3, USB Type-C+DP and EDP->MUX). Granted, most Nvidia GPUs are software limited to 4 display outputs, it appears that if you run it in Optimus mode (so the Intel iGPU runs the internal panel), you could then drive a total of 5 displays from this rig.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I've not looked over them but often one of those DP signals is shared with say the TB3 or USB port.

3. Stooj

Stooj Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Typically this is the case. They are labelled separately in the Block Diagram at the very least (IFPA, IFPC, IFPD, IFPE and IFPF).

The DP signal to TB3 uses a DP repeater (link), presumably to keep the signal noise-free when transporting across the motherboard. Interestingly, it's only DP1.2.

I'm in the process now on waiting for a PB50RF-G so I'll know soon enough ;)

Also of note, the MUX chip is listed as a ParadeTech PS8331 (haven't seen it listed in previous systems).

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    As a note for the models with the 4k OLED it's optimus mode only due to the Nvidia chip not having the right brightness control interface.