When is the perfect time to buy a Macbook?

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by robertosee, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimboutilier

jimboutilier Notebook Evangelist NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    You've keyed on one of the common differences I've seen between Mac users and Windows users.

Window's users are frequently concerned with the latest, greatest, fastest, most feature rich hardware and seem to stay on a never ending upgrade path between hardware and software (new software slower, need faster hardware).

Mac users tend to be more "Does it do what I need it to do now and what I think I want to do in the near future". The software and hardware upgrade cycles are much slower and Macs tend to age better as a result.

So as everyone else says - buy it now!

And maybe Apple is much better than a lot of PC manufacturers, but being from PC land, I would never buy a "fresh out" product, I'd wait for issues to surface and if the waters looked good, then dive in. Any comments from all you long time Mac users out there?

2. JimyTheAssassin

JimyTheAssassin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would say generally, mac is much better with newly released product regarding "issues", than any PC. Surely that's because they design both hardware and software. The only exception was perhaps coreDuo introduction, which wasn't bad, but certainly worse than apple had dealt with in some time. I've used both mac and pc together for about 6 years. I don't fore see any problems with the next transition and wouldn't hesitate to buy it straight from the gate. Still, the current generation is awesome, so my only real reservation is "do i need it now?" But macs are software supported for so long it's hardly a worry of life-span and viability.

3. phungy

phungy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you're looking for refurbs, UK has a C2D MB on their refurb page but no C2D on the US page. There was a few this morning but sold out FAST. no C2Ds though...