What's Your Current Favorite Mouse?

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 31, 2019.

?

What brand is your favorite mouse? (You can choose two.)

This poll will close on Dec 31, 2022 at 10:35 PM.
  1. SteelSeries

2. Corsair

3. Razer

4. Logitech

5. Roccat

6. Microsoft

7. Apple

8. Zowie

9. Mad Catz

10. Gamdias

11. Other (Please post details in thread)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. somejai14

somejai14 Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm currently using A4tech Bloody V5M. I like how it plays and looks, but the mouse is already pretty old. I'm looking for a new gaming mouse here. I still don't know which one to choose. SteelSeries Aerox 3 Black seems to be a good option, but I'm not sure how functional it will be.

2. jeffreyC

jeffreyC Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Logitech MX Ergo Plus.

The problem with the Logitech trackball switches is that the original spec is a Japanese made Omron switch made with gold and the substitute Chinese made Omron switch is made with brass which costs less and the bean-counters will always get the last word over the engineers that designed it.
    At least the good switches are still available to be soldered in for repair.

3. KKthebeast

KKthebeast Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My favorite is the Logitech G700s got 4 of them for redundancy (several packs of replacement parts switches and pads), unfortunately no ghub support just LGS 9x no biggy. Love the extra buttons for 3ds Max and the accuracy. Got a pack of higher capacity lithium ion rechargeables from Amazon. So in the rare occasion that I do use it wirelessly it lasts. Haven't seen another Logitech product that is a direct replacement yet. There is one that's similar but not good enough. Fingers crossed that one day they'll return to this layout. (Just one of those things that you get used to, I know they're debatably "better" options now. But hard to make a switch when you get used to a certain thing. Weight, button layout, amount of buttons etc.) [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    1610ftw and etern4l like this.
  5. 1610ftw

1610ftw Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Still love my Mionix NAOS 3200!

Papusan likes this.
  6. HWI

HWI Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Been rocking the Razer Viper Ultimate for a handful of months now, currently my favorite. I jump around between mice brands a good bit, so we'll see how long this one lasts.

7. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Now i got a Logitech G903 with Powerplay mouse pad, but came from a G700 (not the G700S, the previous one)

8. KKthebeast

KKthebeast Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you like the button layout? How does it compare to your G700? And if I maybe nosy... What made you switch?

Update: just realized I own one. Found it at work, no one claimed it. They suggested I should take it. It's a great mouse, but I'm so used to the heavy G700s and the extra buttons I can't switch. (Even with the 10g weight)

That being said the G700s does have it's draw backs. The weight does make tiny movements difficult. Over coming the friction to move just 1 pixel in 3DS Max or trying to use ShareX to crop on a per pixel level is not good at all. Even with the fingers on the pad... Grab and squeeze technique (crab walk?). (Slightly lifting the mouse from the surface.

Very glad that it suits your needs though brother! It's a pricey piece of kit

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  9. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Logitech by a long shot has been my favorite brand. I've tried Razer and Corsair in the past and they just do not last. Razer especially. That was maybe ten years ago, but it was so bad I never went back. I currently have the Logitech MX Master 2S. I love the size, battery life, and the fact it has never had any hicups over the past three years of owning it. If this ever dies I'll get the latest model.

Vasudev and berkkocaturk like this.
  10. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I've been using the Logitech G203 with my desktop and G305 with my laptops and absolutely love them. Their compact overall size and low arch make them arguably the most comfortable mice I've ever held. The G Hub software isn't the best in terms of customization, but it's more than functional for my use case. Plus, the company has gone the extra mile to offer support for the M1 Mac. It's not a native ARM app, but it works flawlessly under Rosetta 2. I'm also a huge fan of the white colorway, so much so that I bought the white G915 TKL keyboard, which itself has been awesome for the times I hook my laptop up to my living room TV.

Vasudev likes this.