What to lease: Civic Si or 2010 Genesis Coupe?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Jakamo5, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allfiredup

allfiredup Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just be careful not to wear out those 19" 40-series high performance tires...they run about $300 each! :eek: :D

2. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    lol trust me i can speak for myself this man tells the truth it costs me over a grand to get tires for my car lol(i get Michelins though) Either way these high performace michelins/bridgestones cost some serious dough.

3. allfiredup

Reputations:
    My '06 Mazda3 came from the factory with P205/50R17 V-rated Goodyear Eagles. They were shot at only 30,000 miles. I took it in to the local Goodyear dealer and they quoted $270 per tire for identical replacements! I was stunned...and got pretty p'd off! The last set of Michelins I bought for my previous car (Accord) were barely $500 out the door!

The guy at the Goodyear place had obviously dealt with other Mazda3 owners who were similarly shocked by the price of those tires. He very quickly suggested a few alternatives- I ended up going with the Dunlop SP Sport Signature and they have 40,000 miles on them and still have plenty of tread life! The price was much easier to swallow- $130 per tire installed.

When I bought my car, the 17" wheel upgrade was a MUST! The standard 16" didn't look bad, but the 17" really looked sharp. I wonder how many car buyers like me didn't have a clue how expensive most larger size, low profile performance tires are? I only paid $17k and change for the car, the idea of new tires costing $1100 was insane!

4. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Another great cheap alternative tires are Kumho's they are actually VERY good for the money and are long lasting i normally recommend them to people looking for good cheap tires.

Yeah the top tire brand are really expensive thats why its good to check out places like Sams Club there tires are like $50+ cheaper then MSRP prices.

Yeah thats why you gotta try to take care of your tires though sometimes its our of your reach...

5. Jakamo5

Jakamo5 Tetra Vaal

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot for all your input everyone. If you gave me some advice and I didn't rep you, feel free to PM me, it will be my pleasure.

Heading to hyundai tonight to take a look. Planning on going with the I4 Track version, but if I can afford it. I'll definitely be going with 6Manual.

6. Clutch

Clutch cute and cuddly boys

Reputations:
    Try both engines to see which you prefer.

I still vote V6

7. allfiredup

Reputations:
    Here's a quote from Motor Trend about the 2.0T Track-

They timed the 2.0T Track 6MT at 6.8sec 0-60, not slow but the majority of mid-size V6 sedans could outrun it...at least in a straight line.

They also tested the 3.8 Track at 5.5sec 0-60, in both the 6AT and 6MT versions. Surprisingly, the 6AT (automatic) pulls ahead from there and has a .7sec lead at 90mph. The manual transmission felt rubbery and it felt imprecise, especially when trying to shift quickly. Mystery solved, the autobox can shift better than anyone can shift the manual...a shame on a car like this!

8. allfiredup

Reputations:
    Discount Tire has the best prices I've found, at least in the Atlanta area. I would've saved about $100 if I had bought my Dunlops from them instead of Goodyear! But who has time to comparison shop for the best price when steel belt is showing thru a tire with only 30k on it! :rolleyes:

9. Ferretwulf

Ferretwulf Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Heh, the 19" would have to go. I'm not about big wheels. If I were actually buying one of these cars, the R-Spec would be my overall choice, since its more of a blank canvas. Personally when it comes to wheels, I prefer to go 18" or under, and get a good, strong, LIGHT, forged wheel. Big, heavy wheels are pointless, other than looks, perhaps a few MPH top end speed, and lots and LOTS of avoiding potholes for fear of busting up your pretty wheels ;)

Not busting chops on anyone who likes those pretty serving platters, just not my thing. I don't mind the fender 'gap' that a smaller wheels gives to get off the line faster, reduce rotational mass, and not have to deal with the rebound due to the weight of those massive wheels.

10. umass

umass Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    He gets track version those hp summer tires will wear out within 2yrs. Part of hp car are the tires and getting cheap tires defeats the purpose of the car. My 350z Bridgestone tires cost close to $1k.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.