What to lease: Civic Si or 2010 Genesis Coupe?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Jakamo5, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakamo5

Jakamo5 Tetra Vaal

Reputations:
    The Civic Si I would consider coupe or sedan, since the sedan isn't much more.

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-si-coupe/

As to the Genesis, I would definitely get Coupe, but i'm not sure whether to get 2.0T or 3.8, since 3.8 is 6 cylinder, but 2.0's 4 cylinder comes with turbo.

http://www.hyundaigenesis.com/coupe/

I'm not really talking specifics or what I want out of the car, basically because I don't know much about cars. My main priority is to save money. And remember, I'm leasing.

2. narsnail

narsnail Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Im going to say the Hyundai, they have stepped up their game alot lately, that car got really good reviews and it looks so sexy. The Honda will def win for gas mileage, as to reliability the Genesis is a new car so not much can be said.

3. Colton

Colton Also Proudly American

Reputations:
    Civic. They're resale value is unbeatable. 4 cycl. can run with the best of them, and you don't have to sacrifice gas mileage. I'd only get a V6 or V8 if you're gonna tow something. I mean, seriously, how many times are you going to burn the road at 100+ mph? A 4 cylinder Civic is going to be all you need. ;)

4. Jakamo5

Jakamo5 Tetra Vaal

Reputations:
    but i'm leasing anyway so i don't need to worry about resale value, and it seems that the genesis is actually less money than the civic, any other thoughts?

5. Clutch

Clutch cute and cuddly boys

Reputations:
    I would go with the Civic as a first choice and the V6 coupe as a second and would not consider the V4 turbo.

6. coriolis

coriolis Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The Couple, 2.0T GT trim is pretty nice. With the extra change you can do a few nice mods here and there :)

7. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Gennisis!!!

have you seen the Hyundai warranty by the way?

8. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I think this comparison actually makes me say how hard this is to choose.

its interesting my brother has a 4 door Civic SI and LOVES IT. I also had the chance to scope out the Genesis and i have to say its literally a toss up. With the genesis you are getting a better looking vehicle, better warranty, and a nicer interior(debatable) but with the civic SI you are getting better fuel efficiency, reliability/cost of maintainence, and modifications(at least for now).

Also bear in mind that the 2.0T uses the SAME engine as the EVO X it was part of the world engine that hyundai, mitsubishi, and chrysler were part of so good stuff.

Good luck kid.

9. Tippey764

Tippey764 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Neither. Lease a mitsubishi Lancer ralliart its way better then both of thoes cars. By the way if anyone says the gensis might be better. The lancer ralliart uses the same 4b11 block as it does ( diffrent up top but yeah ) The lancer ralliart is like an Evolving mitsubishi Lancer evolution. It has the engine and the looks but not quite the full suspension. No brembo brakes and it dosent have wide body but meh its still a sweet car.

10. Tippey764

Tippey764 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The 4 cylinder engine is the same one used in the mitsubishi evo X ( sort of ) Its definetly better then the v6.

Also i forgot to answer your question the way you wanted it answerd. I would get the civic si sedan if he had to be these two cars. Reason being 4 door car is nicer then a 2 door.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.