what to do to impress a girl for the first date

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kenny1999, Mar 24, 2017.

1. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    LOL. Big fat something at least.

2. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    If your low of cash, it helps to be good in the sack. :D You gotta bring something to the table.

Working in L.A. got me in front of a lot of highly successful professional high income earning females. A couple I asked out would just shoo me away like I was still a little boy. Ya win some and ya lose some.

greekgod likes this.
  3. Jarhead

Jarhead Systematic Love

Reputations:
    There's only so much you can learn from an internet thread. Quit procrastinating and throw yourself out there ;)

Fishon and HTWingNut like this.
  4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Yep. And often on some visceral level she'll either be attracted to you or not. So it really becomes a numbers game, so get out there and do it.

greekgod likes this.
  5. Jarhead

Jarhead Systematic Love

Reputations:
  6. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So true. There has to be chemistry there. I've watched so many guys so into some girl you could just tell wasn't feeling it, but they were so wrapped up in their own crap they missed the obvious. Problem is, for a number of reasons they'll often humor a guy for while until it's worn out whatever usefulness. On the flip side, my experience when I was younger was one where I often had my pick of several at any given time, but the prospects of any of those becoming long-term was garbage because what they fell for was an image/ ̶l̶i̶e̶ persona :vbwink: I knew would work -lots of time in the gym, expensive clothes, fast cars and bikes, right social scene, yada freaking yada (my natural predisposition to being a d1kk never hurt either :vbbiggrin:). Ignorant babbling of some notwithstanding, the rule is that you'll be torn to shreds if you deal with the majority of women on the level. I see some evil i$ht regularly, and the serial monogamy construct is a complete fail, at least in the US. If you're fortunate, you become wise enough and patient enough to find someone worth investing in, and experienced enough to be able to handle the good intentioned and delicate but potentially lethal.

greekgod and Fishon like this.
  7. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Well, this thread got weird very fast...

greekgod likes this.
  8. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    It was weird from the first post. What are you talking about?

Convel and Jarhead like this.
  9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Beware of Dad.gif

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  10. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    So how did it go? Inquiring minds want to know!

But what about women and their lies and deceptions toward the male? You don't think it's a two way street? If you're naive enough to lay it all on the line and tell them how much you're interested in them, they'll rip your heart out. Of course I'm generalizing but you better keep your emotions in check. It's a control thing, and far too many guys allow the female to be in too much control. My lies were often in keeping my feelings on an even keel and not letting them know how I felt at any given time- either more positive or negative than what I'm telling them. Early in a relationship you don't owe anyone very much at all. As the relationship progresses, then sure you want to faithful for example. I gave out as much honesty as is deserved- nothing more, nothing less. That's the name of the dating game or you'll often find your feelings crushed. All is fair in love and war.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2017