what to do to impress a girl for the first date

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kenny1999, Mar 24, 2017.

1. kenny1999

kenny1999 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    the girl is a single and successful business woman, who is 31 years old, of the same age as me.

Otherwise than flowers, anything to impress a girl for the first date? Any ideas? Any advice?

DukeCLR likes this.
  2. ChanceJackson

ChanceJackson Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What country are you in?
    I'd suggest not trying to do anything,

just be confident and respectful

Goodluck!

3. kenny1999

kenny1999 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does a different country make a difference>?

4. ChanceJackson

ChanceJackson Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The dating culture of each country can very significantly.

In Boston Massachusetts USA I would never bring flowers to a first date, it would be unthinkable. In your area it might be unthinkable not to bring flowers.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    sasuke256, DukeCLR, Jarhead and 2 others like this.
  5. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    No flowers.. And don't try to impress her in the traditional sense- they sense this and is a turnoff to them unless they are a gold digger. Too early for all of that. Show confidence in who you are and the life you lead. You have many interests and friends you spend time with, and you are happy and busy without her, but you might be interested in adding her to your life. This is the feeling you have to project, not that you're looking some someone to 'complete you'. Be a little mysterious and don't show all your cards at once. Be polite, clever, humorous, and show interest, but remember, it's a two way street and she has to convince you that she's worthy of you as well. If you know pretty quickly you're 'over your head', you'll have to hope she's interested in a 'boy toy'. Won't go beyond that if you're not at least closely even on a professional level.

-Lance Romance.

DukeCLR and kenny1999 like this.
  6. Knight666

Knight666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Try to be yourself, avoid being "unnatural", it's worst thing you can do. Trust me, every time when I tried to be "better" than myself, all went wrong.
    Try not to speak too much about yourself, ask her about herself (but don't be insistent).

Nothing more. She have to like your mind, so don't overthink (it's horrible and won't help you for sure).

DukeCLR, Fishon and ChanceJackson like this.
  7. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    Assuming you're in the United States:

* Don't bring a gift or flowers on a first date. That's overly formal for US culture.

* Show interest in her as a person. Ask about her work, her interests, etc. And listen to what she says! Sure you're going to also talk about yourself, but don't just talk about yourself. And make sure that you're asking about her as an equal, not as some sort of "job interview."

* Be confident, but don't brag or be arrogant. There's a difference.

* A sense of humor is good. A sense of humor about yourself is even better.

* Under no circumstances follow "pick-up artist" games like "negging." These telegraph deep insecurity and a willing to manipulate someone for physical intimacy. Bad, bad thing to telegraph.

* Pay for the meal. But this DOES NOT mean she "owes" you anything. Remember, the mark of a successful date is that you have a good time and she may be interested in a second date, not that "you get something in return for what you've spent." That's gross and disgusting at best.

Convel, DukeCLR, CedricFP and 2 others like this.
  8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    I usually let make them pay on either and third or fourth date. If not, you've just got what we call a 'knife and fork' girl looking for her next paid evening. Also on the fourth or fifth time around, I purposely get real casual and pay keen attention if she enjoys the simple things, or always want 'a night out' spending your money .

-Lance Romance

9. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Bacon

Reputations:
    First date, just be polite and courteous, but most importantly be yourself. No gifts needed. What gets people in deep trouble quickly is pretending to be something you're not. Unless you're just trying to get her in bed, well then, lie away!

DukeCLR likes this.
  10. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:

killkenny1 and HTWingNut like this.