What song are you listening to right now? v4.0 [No autoplay please]

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fishon, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Amina

Amina Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My latest jam, listening on a loop <3

2. 6730b

6730b Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Float away :O)

CastlBravo likes this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It's the nighttime that matters...

Laura Branigan - Self Control - All Night Fuji (1984)

Laura Branigan Forever
    Published on Oct 22, 2013
    American actress and pop vocalist Laura Branigan (1952-2004) performing her biggest hit and great 80's anthem, "Self Control" of her homonym third studio album released on April 1984. This video is one of my favorites for its rarity. It was filmed under the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City. Laura performs outdoor with break dancers behind her and a panoramic view of the great city in the background. The performance was broadcasted on "All Night Fuji" a popular Japanese TV show in the mid-1980s. I'm very happy this very special video is growing amazingly in views. Laura deserves it. Thank you so much to everyone!!. It's a great treasure for me, enjoy and share!.

* Discover and enjoy more videos of Laura performing this classic song of the 80's herehttps://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

No new ABBA until 2020...

Abba - The Last Video (Official Video)
    ABBA
    Published on Mar 20, 2014

A Perfect Rendition...

The Beatles - Hey Jude
    The Beatles
    Published on Dec 7, 2015
    Hey Jude topped the charts in Britain for two weeks and for 9 weeks in America, where it became The Beatles longest-running No.1 in the US singles chart as well as the single with the longest running time.

The Beatles did not record their promotional film until Hey Jude had been on sale in America for a week. They returned to Twickenham Film Studio, using director Michael Lindsay-Hogg who had worked with them on Paperback Writer and Rain. Earlier still, Lindsay-Hogg had directed episodes of Ready Steady Go! And a few months after the film for Hey Jude he made The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus TV special that featured John and Yoko but wouldn’t be shown until 1996

To help with the filming an audience of around 300 local people, as well as some of the fans that gathered regularly outside Abbey Road Studios were brought in for the song’s finale. Their presence had an unlikely upside for The Beatles in their long-running saga with the Musicians’ Union in that the MU were fooled into believing the band were playing live, when in fact they were miming for the vast majority of the song. Paul, however, sang live throughout the song.

The video was first broadcast on David Frost’s Frost On Sunday show, four days after it was filmed. At that point transmission was in black and white although the promo was originally shot in colour. It was first aired in America a month later on 6 October 1968, on The Smotheres Brothers Comedy Hour.

A Love that has no Past...

The Beatles - Don't Let Me Down
    The Beatles
    Published on Dec 14, 2015
    Written by John as an expression of his love for Yoko Ono, the song is heartfelt and passionate. As John told Rolling Stone magazine in 1970, “When it gets down to it, when you’re drowning, you don’t say, ‘I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,’ you just scream.”

During filming on the roof of Apple, two days after the recording of the track, the band played ‘Don’t Let Me Down’ right after doing two versions of 'Get Back’ and it led straight into 'I’ve Got A Feeling’. Michael Lindsay-Hogg was once again directing a Beatles’ shoot. He and Paul met regularly at the tail end of 1968, while Hogg was directing The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus, to discuss the filming of The Beatles’ session in January. By the time that fateful Thursday came around, the penultimate day of January would be the last time The Beatles ever played together in front of any kind of audience.

This is not the version of ‘Don’t Let Me Down’ heard on the single but the version from the Let It Be… Naked album – a composite of both versions that were performed on the roof of Apple in Savile Row

A nice Sunny California Day...

Elton John feat. Lady Gaga - Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me (Live with Lady Gaga)
    Elton John
    Published on Feb 27, 2016
    Elton performs Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me with his special guest Lady Gaga at a surprise show on the Sunset Strip, West Hollywood.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Convel, killkenny1 and Fishon like this.
  4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Under the Sea...

Under the Sea - The Little Mermaid Live!
    Published on Nov 5, 2019
    Watch Shaggy perform "Under the Sea" on The Little Mermaid Live! on ABC.

Part of Your World - The Little Mermaid Live!
    Published on Nov 5, 2019
    Watch Auli'i Cravalho perform "Part of Your World” on The Little Mermaid Live! on ABC.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  5. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
  6. CastlBravo

CastlBravo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

(The Fendertones - Sloop John B)

hmscott likes this.
  7. killkenny1

Reputations:
  8. killkenny1

Reputations:

Even Yoko is playing an instrument tailored for her talent!

Convel, Fishon and hmscott like this.
  9. eth3rton

eth3rton Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Bon Scott!

10. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations: