What song are you listening to right now? v4.0 [No autoplay please]

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fishon, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Not a huge fan of RHCP. Not my style of music, seen them live too many times at the DC101 Chili Cook-off.

2. turqoisegirl08

turqoisegirl08 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings- Let Them Knock

<iframe width='560' height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Pf6gyRI1zqg" frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
    JOSEA likes this.
  3. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's interesting. The RHCP are one of the few bands I know of that "everyone" likes. But there are always exceptions :p

4. Jobine

Jobine Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Explicit Album cover, song's clean though.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
    Amnesiac likes this.
  5. ajkula66

ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

Reputations:

Add me to the list of "exceptions" when it comes to these guys.

Many interesting pieces/passages in their opus, fabulous bass player but OMG they *never* spoke to me in the least...a yawn, all in all, for me - that is.

On a very different note, some interesting atmosphere here:

JJ Cale & Eric Clapton - The Road To Escondido (Full Album) - YouTube

Fishon likes this.
  6. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    RHCP to me is just like a generic alternative rock...there's no distinction. Also dislike Dave Matthews Band, ugh. Not a huge fan of Foo Fighters either..

Fishon likes this.
  7. Dragnoak

Dragnoak Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well... I posted the RHCP because we (the wife and I) were listening to them. After all, this is "What song are you listening to right now?" thread. :eek:

The wife asked me to explain this thread, as she doesn't believe that all of the posters, are actually listening to what they post. She has the idea that 50% of the posts are just somebody, dredging up some obscure bottom of the barrel group, that she never heard of, just to see if they could "fish" someone else to click on the like option. I had to explain to the wife that it's not 50%, only 25% of our posters that do this, especially that user who constantly posts the cowbells songs. :D (So sorry DM ;))

I truly believe that most posters, are honestly listening to the music they post. Personally, I've learned a lot in this thread. You all have exposed me to a variety of musical genres, and broadened my artistic horizon. I guarantee that if I give you a like, I clicked on the song, and listened. :yes:

I only wish that we had dis-like option, although comments like ajkula66, and Tsunade_Hime, get the same point across.

<iframe width='560' height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xhTKcmcIVe8?list=AL94UKMTqg-9CLiGoJpfl7wINKqu2LYHk7" frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hirth Martinez - Winter Again - YouTube

<iframe width='560' height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SUgDqCKNH8w?list=PLIvDD2E08LWlrLx50a6ldwa-_d9UGP5IK" frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lili Haydn: Live on Park City Television - YouTube

8. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
  9. Amnesiac

Amnesiac 404

Reputations:
    Shishido Rumi - Fushigi Puru Puru Pururin!

10. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think of the Dave Matthews Band as being made fun of a lot--it's labeled as the band that appeals to "frat boys". But the Foo Fighters are another band that supposedly "everyone" likes, but I've never found them interesting myself.

Anywho, this is my favorite RHCP song:

<iframe width='560' height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YDPuyKbEvLE" frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Honestly, the thing about the RHCP is that if you listen to enough of them, the songs really do blend together. Anthony Kiedis' voice is very unique, but that doesn't help their songs from all sounding the same after a while. :p

Dragnoak likes this.