What song are you listening to right now? v4.0 [No autoplay please]

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fishon, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Understood and I agree with everything you're saying here. And even nothing wrong with 'selling out' with a commercial type song or album if a band have a substantial catalog through the years. But like Mick Jagger talking the Stones too far pop, there becomes a limit. No one worse than Disco Rod Stewart. Loved by everyone in rock with the Faces, and to go the way he did is just sad. Yes, the late seventies through the eighties resulted some real garbage for a lot of performers- good ones too. Now Foreigner is not the worst offenders as they do have some decent rockers and ballads like the one I posted. Decent guitar riffs to be found (Dirty White Boy), but lyrically weak for a band who has one foot in the art rock genre. And their power ballads, yuk.

Blinded by science, where do I belong? What's in the future, has it just begun, Blinded by science, I'm on the run...

That's the way I play, In the modern day, 'Cause I wanna stay, In the modern day...

Well, I'm hot blooded, check it and see,I got a fever of a hundred and three, Come on baby, do you do more than dance?, I'm hot blooded, I'm hot blooded

And just knowing where McDonald came from makes it all the more disappointing.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021 at 3:26 PM
    killkenny1 likes this.
  2. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Electric Light Orchestra - Boy Blue

killkenny1 likes this.
  3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Rolling Stones - Cocksucker Blues

4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Jethro Tull - Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021 at 3:26 PM