1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

what places enlarge photos "movie poster" size

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TwiztOG43, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwiztOG43

TwiztOG43 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    have you seen those posters at the theater of upcoming movies?
    what places enlarge photos that size?
    because i have a project for school and one of the criteria for our movie project was to make a poster of it. i don't want to have to waste my own ink and make it all sloppy. so what places? i have never really done this before so i don't know where to start. i don't want to do it online, because i need it as soon as possible.

2. Circa69

Circa69 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    how much u wanna spend??
    I know of a couple of 'fine art' places for really good work (glicee) or Walmart can do poster size cheaply.

3. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    I do it at my school. but that probably doesnt help you any.

4. TwiztOG43

TwiztOG43 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    wait walmart does it?
    how much and how long does it take?
    also does the photo they are going to work off have to be a certain size? cause mine is about 8 1/2 X11 if you eclude the white boarders cause the printer cant reach that far.

her in so-cal we have a store called CVS (was sav-on drugs) and i checked online and it says they do 20' x30' in for $20 bucks and its gloss too.
    the only reason i cant go there is because you have to do it online and they dont do it instore so you will have to wait a while. but i need it ASAP.

5. cycloneguy2618

cycloneguy2618 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I would try Wal-Mart. Have you checked at Office Depot or Kinkos? I don't know if they do it, but I'm sure they do.

6. Circa69

Reputations:
    Walmart is online also (or go instore and then they do it online).

I said walmart due to your budget comment.
    Some Kinkos can do it in the store but is more $$.

7. ejl

ejl fudge

Reputations:
    one thing to mention....once i took in a picture on a card that i wanted to enlarge to kinkos...but they refused to enlarge it b/c it is technically copyrighted material. if you are planning on blowing up a photo from a movie, you may meet resistance.

8. Circa69

Reputations:
    I have had walmart refuse to make prints because they were by a professional (me?? thank you). I had to go fill out and sign a release showing that I owned the the rights to the pictures I took :rolleyes:
    Related to that, if you hire a photographer, you should get uncompressed digital copies if they use a digital camera. Make sure you get a release also. This will cost you more but you will probably come out better later on, esp if you want prints years down the road (you will not have to rely on copies).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.