What laptop should i buy out of these two?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Lucas Rodrigues, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Lucas Rodrigues

Lucas Rodrigues Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, so i dont really know much about laptops but im needing one for my university work. Im not a big gamer and the laptop will mainly be used for Microsoft Word, PowerPoint etc with the occasional social media surf.

Ive found these 2 which are in my budget but not to sure which is the better one?
    Ill leave both links down below and appreciate it if someone can help me out.

TIA

Acer Aspire 3 15.6in i5 8GB 2TB Laptop - Black

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1340532?clickSR=slp:term:laptop:99:270:1

Intel Core i5 8265U processor.

Quad core processor.

1.6GHz processor speed with a burst speed of 3.9GHz.

8GB RAM DDR4.

2TB HDD storage.

Hard drive speed 5400RPM.

Microsoft Windows 10.

Or

Lenovo V15 Ryzen 3 8GB 256GB SSD 15.6" Win10 Home Laptop

https://www.ebuyer.com/973061-lenov...70004uk?reevoo_page=2#reevoo_embedded_reviews

AMD Ryzen 3 3250U 2.6GHz

8GB RAM + 256GB SSD

15.6" FHD Display

AMD Radeon Graphics

Windows 10 Home

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2. Ed. Yang

Ed. Yang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  3. Lucas Rodrigues

Lucas Rodrigues Newbie

Reputations:
    What about out of them two?

4. Ed. Yang

Reputations:
    Comparing both CPUs on the different models u've listed, i would say both performance and power consumption should be on par. However, Acer's specification on battery size only stated as 2 cells, no further infos like what Lenovo have, clearly stated as 35whr.
    Note that Screen Size is one of the biggest sucker of power that will affect the battery power charge after it is full, and should u need to use ur laptop out door. Hence, bigger fatter battery is often suggested, despite low power consuming CPUs in specifications.

I personally would suggest you to look for the ThinkPads as they mostly supports USB charging/power supply. Hence u'll only need to bring along a fully charged powerbank along as a supply support, leaving the heavy and bulky power supply brick at home. However, ThinkPads will draw another close to £200 above ur "budget" which is listed above.
    By now the ThinkPad E595 should be under clearance sale. Should u encounter one that's priced about £50 above 400, grab that!

Not knowing whether u're buying in urgency or not rushing, i would advise u to consider twice buying from Lenovo website mentioned above with self choice of customization. @ £380, u'll get standard 1yr warranty, same spec CPU(3150U-though a little different in architecture), with 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD storage, and battery beefed up to 45whr. Leaving u £20 gap to spend on warranty, whether u wanna save a few £ from hitting 400 mark by going for 2yrs standard insurance where u've to make a visit to Lenovo Depot or break the 400mark by £8 which u get onsite support.
    Should u're in the rush, well... i would say go for that Lenovo.

5. Lucas Rodrigues

Lucas Rodrigues Newbie

Reputations:
    Okay mate thanks for taking the time to reply, ive read what you put and im intrested in the Lenovo link. Is AMD Athlon Gold 3150U the same as the ryzen 3250u?

6. Ed. Yang

Reputations: