What kind of car do you drive?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Blake, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    I just got the keys to a 92 Oldsmobile Century, beat that. Thing drives like a beast, I've never driven a car that was so slow at responding, but its still very easy to drive. Its actually pretty comfortable too. Gets around 30 mpg.

2. Gautam

Gautam election 2008 NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Your 92 Olds gets you 30 MPG??? The rating on the 2007 Rabbit is 22/30 (city/highway) and it's not that heavy of a car, nor does it have a lot of horsepower. My old 93 Camry didn't get 22 mpg...after an oil change, fuel filter/air filter change, etc..how does a domestic car do better than that??

3. moon angel

moon angel Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Piccy of me astride a Suzuki Bandit S this afternoon. My next bike? It's a contender anyway.

Attached Files:

4. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Just gotta drive it like a grandpa!
    Yeah, I too was amazed at how good of milage it gets. Its got a V6 with an ok ammount of power and its very heavy, so I don't know why its getting that kind of milage. Oh and thats 30 on the highway.

5. Redline

Redline Notebook Prophet NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    30MPG out of *any* oldsmobile is an achievement....
    I dont know why the Rabbits mileage is so poor, maybe its the fact that it has a detuned version of a Lamborghini engine sawed in half. Pity it doesnt make half the Lambo's power.... My BMW is rated at exactly 1 under the Golf in both catagories, but it usually gets between 36 and 38 on the highway and close to 30 in city driving. Once, on a long highway trip, it was averaging 42MPG at a 68MPH average speed, which was pretty amazing too.

Gautam: sweet options, I really like the black color on the Rabbit. It works very well. Did you get Sport suspension or wheels other than those tiny 15" standard ones? And what Acura were you considering?

6. Thibault

Thibault Banned

Reputations:
    2500HD Duramax Turbo Diesel GMC Sierra.

7. Reaper21

Reaper21 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nah don't go a bandit, get something with a bit more grunt, go a CBR 1000 or an R1 : )

Also i'm currently driving

V6 1998 Holden VT accliam
    17" vy SS mags
    6 speaker pioneer sound system
    pioneer 7850BT head deck

Nice australian built car, i've gotta say though my favourite car at the moment is easily a ford BA XR6 turbo (for anyone that doesn't live in Australia google it, its a nice car)

8. moon angel

moon angel Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Would be nice but: 1. I'm a novice rider and 2. No way could I afford the insurance! oh and 3. I'd have to get a really old one.

Anyway bandit will pwn any of those cars! 0-60 in under 4 seconds and tops out at 145-150.

9. Phillip

Phillip Phillip J. Fry

Reputations:
    still rockin my etnies...
    here's a pic(I have both the grey ones and the brown ones but they discontinued the grey ones so there is no pic for it)
    [​IMG]

10. Mr.T

Mr.T Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    We probably have one of these but what the hell i'll put one anyway. We'll just talk about different cars, and talk about the cars we have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.