What it's like inside Micro Center! Computer Super Store

Discussion in 'Notebook and Tech Bargains' started by hmscott, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Rengsey R. H. Jr.

Rengsey R. H. Jr. I Never Slept

Reputations:
    yeah , they are within 20 - 40 miles away from me , just like frys electronics. but Micro Center have more selections than both store combined.

hmscott likes this.
  2. B0B

B0B Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nice! Stephen from Own Or Disown and I did a collaboration video at my local MC back in June. It's my favorite brick and mortar store :)

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  3. rommer

rommer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I can wander around my local MC for hours...

hmscott and B0B like this.
  4. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Ah I remember the Santa Clara micro center. First visit there immediately felt the difference compared to Fry's lol.

hmscott and Rengsey R. H. Jr. like this.
  5. eth3rton

eth3rton Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I wish Nashville would get one - we're there all the time. Closest one to me, STL, is 2 hours.

hmscott likes this.
  6. Dialup David

Dialup David Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My Parents and I actually inquired about opening a franchise store a while ago, just could never find the right property location for it for an investment of that size.
    The one is St. Louis Park, MN is absolutely slammed with a line out the door at practically anytime. It really is one of the only real "Computer Stores" that exist in the wild these days.

hmscott likes this.
  7. Bobbert9

Bobbert9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There's one in Houston, where I used to visit Fry's when I would go to the city (about 1.5 hours away.) Now I think, "Fry's? What's that?" I mean, they have their computer and portable electronics sections which are pretty large, but then they use the rest of the floor space for appliances, tv's, restaurant, and everything else.

Micro Center is all about PC's and gaming. There's a small section for phones and tablets, but the main theme is PC's and accessories. They even have say, Dell/Alienware sections and other brands. The back of the store is devoted to DIY PC building. Every part you would need, rows and rows and rows all divided up into categories. I can't even imagine the dollar amount of their inventory. I have to be careful when I go there cause I can end up losing meals and sleep from spending all day browsing.

hmscott likes this.