What is your maximum level in Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Pranalien, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pranalien

Pranalien Notebook Veteran

Reputations:
    Well, the title pretty much sums it up. I had once reached Level 35 with the Shivering Isles installed. Read somewhere that the maximum is 255. So what are all of yours' maximum in this game?

2. unknown555525

unknown555525 rawr

Reputations:
    255, and all stats 255..

I cheated the 2nd time I went through the game ;)
    player.set av :)

3. Meberus

Meberus Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I never bought Shivering Isles (I will eventually) so I only had my skills maxed at 100. I haxed way more in Morrowind.

I forget what level I actually achieved, so I'll have to check sometime later.

4. adyingwren

adyingwren Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Leveling was broken in Oblivion anyway.

5. Necromas

Necromas Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ya, the leveling system in oblivion was just ridiculous.

Well, if you really want to know, you can keep leveling up until all your class skills are maxed, then you're stuck.

The reason the leveling system is broken though is that raising non-class skills has no effect on your leveling rate, so depending on how often you use your class skills you could be level 20 or level 10 at the same power level. If you flat out want to break the game, just choose skills you never want to use as your class skills, then use completely different skills. You can raise those skills to the maximum ranks and never get past level 1.

6. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Plus the game leveled with you. So being lvl 1 was easier than lvl 200 because the bad guys just get stronger lol. but if you want the cool gear you have no choice but to lvl up.

After hacking through what felt like a hundred oblivion gate things I started just running to the end and grabbing the orb instead of fighting. It worked much better.

I also used a cheat the 2nd time to give me all spells, and it really gives you all spells lol, alot of stuff you can normally never get/have.

7. Necromas

Necromas Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyways, assuming you have the PC version, I should probably recommend you find a mod that changes the leveling system, there are a few good ones out there and a google search should find them. Instead of just telling you the existing leveling system is broken.

8. Vehement

Vehement Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Eh, I still remember in Oblivion watching TV, and having a pen and something else attached to the keyboard, pressing down the key to automatically make low level spells, in order to gain more skill.

9. WILLY S

WILLY S I was saying boo-urns

Reputations:
    I think i was in the low to mid 20's. Completed the main quest, the two expansion packs and was head of the mages, assassins and thieves guilds.

My character was a wood elf and i had running, jumping and archery as main skills(forget what their really called).
    I pretty much just ran and jumped through the whole game and if i had to fight someone i just shot at them from a distance so i rarely leveled up.

10. Pranalien

Pranalien Notebook Veteran

Reputations:
    I think if you had installed the two expansion packs, you could have improved it.
    BTW, does anyone know how is Knights of the Nine expansion pack? Is it better than Shivering Isles?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.